All-Star Champions League Preseason Rankings

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Are they just trying to make our sport a little more fun, like other sports? I know we love seeing the college preseason football rankings (and they usually end up being inaccurate, also) because it is fun to think about the season before it starts. You know, amp up the anticipation and all that! :)

Are they just trying to make our sport a little more fun, like other sports? I know we love seeing the college preseason football rankings (and they usually end up being inaccurate, also) because it is fun to think about the season before it starts. You know, amp up the anticipation and all that! :)

I hope so. I don't mind the idea of the rankings, but I can't figure out what they were actually based on. Even taking our teams out of the mix, I don't really see how you could justify many of the teams' placements. Some in the top 5 wouldn't be in my top 15, and at least one out of the top 15 would be in my top 5.

It will be somewhat interesting to compare after the season and see how they stacked up. Maybe they know something the rest of us don't. In fairness, I don't know how many veterans are returning on many non-CA teams. FWIW, I don't think number of veterans is a particularly good predictor of future success.

I think this is more what is is than anything too serious. Our kids are super stoked they just got ranked #1 for our region. So if it gets the kids hyped or motivated then I am here for it :)

At this point they need a new social media person who can spell team names correctly and make sure they have the right gym location's teams in the right region!
We are excited to see our team on a ranking but it does have the wrong region on it. But it's all good. I will take it lol

At this point they need a new social media person who can spell team names correctly and make sure they have the right gym location's teams in the right region!

lol I'm pretty sure 1 of our teams was posted, but with the wrong gym logo.

They posted 6 of our teams I believe
1 worlds
1 level 5R
1 level 4
2 level 3
1 level 2

While I don't believe their rankings are indicative of what I think are the strongest teams in the gym right now it was still exciting.

Especially considering my daughters on J5R which we have never had in the history of stars and they ranked them 2nd. (Every kid on the team is new to level 5 outside of two that came from different gyms. Not one kid from our 3 level 5's last season is on J5R this year.

And our worlds team is med5 all girl which we also have never had in the past/ last year we were small coed and didn't make finals. But they ranked them in front of worlds teams that have been amazing in years past.

Not sure the criteria they even used so we don't take it seriously but it was a fun way to create excitement around a lot of teams!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No J5's (or Y5's) in the rankings though... only restricted.

No J5's (or Y5's) in the rankings though... only restricted.

I think they did it because there are so few J5's that every J5 in each area would be ranked on there so they would all make the list if they did one for non Restricted 5's that aren't worlds eligible.

With doing 5R there are a ton of senior 5 all girl and coed Restricted teams, plus a handful of Restricted j5's they could actually have rankings where there are still a ton of teams who did not make the list.

Although I wish they would of included non Restricted j5 Idk if they should of put them against worlds teams or the Restricted teams and just called it the non worlds 5 division.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This whole list is officially a laughable parody. I'm going to assume that level 6 is excluded, and they might as well have taken out international. % of skills in a routine, IOC 5 may be one of he most talented divisions. To ONLY place Wildcats in the top 25, and at number 6 is an utter embarrassment to this list. Many may even argue they are the best in the world. I really don't want to assume the top 3 unlisted is TGLC, black ops, Nfinity, senior Elite. However, Nfinity, if not placed, has consistently placed well or won worlds/nca a few times within the last several years. And I love me some large senior f5 and senior Elite, but to place orange that low after their consistent victories, and some large seniors who rarely touch top 3 (besides U$A$F slip n slide year) is also questionable. I am also rusty on my facts, but senior elite won worlds most recently in 2013 correct? Rant over
They've done all the levels, starting with level 1 if you go back. It's not just a ranking of world's teams. So I'm sure level 6 is coming up.

Also possibly double checking that they don't have the same team ranked twice....like on the NE lvl1 ranking they have a team ranked 9th and 2nd...same gym, same team

I think this is more what is is than anything too serious. Our kids are super stoked they just got ranked #1 for our region. So if it gets the kids hyped or motivated then I am here for it :)
That's my theory too! It just motivated them even more to live up to that ranking.

Back