All-Star Champions League Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ban the cameras and make it a professional event. Copyright it, that would stop YouTube. This caliber, select teams, marketing and production. $40 easy, for me, it's a concert!

This post is verified by Chad Mulkey!

Ban the cameras and make it a professional event. Copyright it, that would stop YouTube. This caliber, select teams, marketing and production. $40 easy, for me, it's a concert!

It would stop YouTube maybe for a day or two but then the videos would pop up and stay. They can only patrol YouTube for so long.

Would The Majors be considered a smaller niche competition in your eyes? That was going to be the first example that came to mind when mentioning gyms attending a non-bid even pretty much of no other reason than the sake of competing. Granted, there was an actual prize the 1st year. But even after being a massive failure for CA, they still went back the 2nd year with no prize. I'll be interested in who accepts invites this year. No disrespect to Cali or CA, but I don't think a tie last year was good for business either.

I cannot comment on whether they were able to defer costs by other teams attending Jamfest though.

I HATE TIES! I don't understand not having a winner as often as we do either. Sudden death. Do a damn lib off to decide the winner. I don't care!

I think the issue for them is the audience for them has to travel. Everywhere else the audience is already there conveniently.

The amount of PM traffic after an event on here goes up significantly. There is a huge underground video trade.

I HATE TIES! I don't understand not having a winner as often as we do either. Sudden death. Do a damn lib off to decide the winner. I don't care!

I think the issue for them is the audience for them has to travel. Everywhere else the audience is already there conveniently.

Can we please institute this....

In 2003 there were a little over 500 gyms that were USASF certified, I don't know the exact numbers now put counting each location I would guess close to a 1000. Each gym lets go with average of 50 athletes. This in an average. So 50,000 athletes. Take a 1/4th of that who would really enjoy this. 12,500 interested athletes. $40 for an all day super event? Kids drop
This on a date for a 2 hour movie with snacks. We are a "now now" society. So they can blog, tweet, argue. They eat it up. So 12,500 times $40 is $500,000. That's lowballing every number. Plus sponsors. We have never marketed this sport. It's impossible right now due to reasons I won't say in fear of being banned, lol. Plus ticket sales? I am totally guessing, but this could be why some aren't coming, who gets this money. All in all, when Worlds was setup, it limited itself. All Star can be marketed and it can be a moneymaker. More money only helps industry. Involvement can be turned to dollars which could be put into safety and certification for athletes, coaches and judges.

It wouldn't stop YouTube. Worlds and NCA both issue take down notices. If I recall correctly, neither allow video. But what are you going to do? Search everyone's bags and take their cameras?

I wouldn't want to pay more than $10/day. I paid $15 for NCA, but I could leave that on all day while I did other chores around the house.

The mathematical odds of a tie in a sport that consists of 20+ athletes in 7 different categories minim is so high that its almost impossible. It's appeasing the clients, that is all.

Well I hate to repeat myself but.....another money maker. And even if there is some kind of rebate or something that the teams that participate get something back, what about the rest of us. There are only 24 teams involved. Only people going to watch will be families of participating teams. Or people that happen to live close. I am a die hard all star coach but I will save my hard earned money and put it towards going to worlds if I can even afford that. Do we really need another event to go watch a select amount of teams? Just my 2 cents worth. Trying to keep an open mind but not really feeling the direction this is going.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Well I hate to repeat myself but.....another money maker. And even if there is some kind of rebate or something that the teams that participate get something back, what about the rest of us. There are only 24 teams involved. Only people going to watch will be families of participating teams. Or people that happen to live close. I am a die hard all star coach but I will save my hard earned money and put it towards going to worlds if I can even afford that. Do we really need another event to go watch a select amount of teams? Just my 2 cents worth. Trying to keep an open mind but not really feeling the direction this is going.

If your team was invited would you go?

I see your point in saving money, but as far as only the people invited's family being interested? I think there is a huge market for attendance and PPV. I watched kids stand in line for Majors for tickets and weren't a part of any of those teams. Granted they are there already, but these big name teams have huge followings. My gym never had a worlds team, however we had many who went and watched, 12 hours away. They loved those 5 teams. This could be huge, it has endless possibilities and it will be a hit with those from gyms who will never have a worlds team. 90+ % of the industry is below level 5. It will be seen, talked about, watched. It will be a hit.

I just looked at flights from Orange County to Philly... In between college, a car payment, NCA, Worlds, and competitions in Vegas, I will be sitting this one out.

In addition to the GymTyme and T&S going....isn't this super close to Daytona, if not the weekend of?

I'm guessing you're not a parent of a level 5 cheerleader, huh? If it were that simple no one would complain. But what happens when you have a mortgage and a career is that it gets difficult to swing 2 back to back trips 1000+ miles away. Jobs don't like the time off requests and checking accounts don't like the cost.

No one said they shouldn't have this comp. We merely said that people are trying on one hand to attract more people to this sport and on the other hand driving people out with costs. Sure some people can afford it - but most can't. If someone doesn't have the skills to be on one of these teams then by all means complain and say these are elite teams that only the cream of the crop should be on. But I think it's sad when kids have all the skill in the world but finances force them out (I'm not saying everyone should cheer for free - but the costs are starting to make cheer for the rich only)

That being said this comp interests me and I want to see what it's actually all about.

No I'm not a parent it just seems like this thread was exciting in the beginning then people are bashing it for not being on he west coast and having to spend a lot of money it just got annoying to keep reading that its just more money

With that being said cheerin has become so expensive and I understand where people come from. I just want to hear more about the champion league and hopefully all works out in he end

Back