All-Star Champions League Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

But, to play devils advocate... If you look at the history of Worlds and the teams that have placed the highest over the entire 10 years, Cali, CEA, and CA have multiple teams in that list of top 20.
CA isn't going - so that leaves Cali and CEA. Senior Elite and Cali Coed are, according to statistics, the "premier team" in terms of consistency and high placements. BUT, SSX/Coed Elite and LadyBullets/Smoed are newer teams and have been premier teams in their divisions and quite frankly are always Champion/Medal contenders. They deserve to be there over other teams that have never even medalled... In my opinion.

I mean in my opinion, if Smoed aren't invited then that's some BS considering they are as successful as LB and Coed, same goes for SE with Coed Elite and SSX being announced.
I sortof feel like they're saving the "best for last" with Smoed and SE. There's no logical reason why they wouldn't be participating. But since they, arguably, have the largest following I would see them capping off the announcements. Like the fireworks grand finale.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Weird...Encore was at Temple last year, and definitely not big enough for the Convention Center. I don't see this being affiliated, since CL is not connected with Varsity, so I'll guess it's a wait and see thing.
1) I find myself liking all your posts! 2) I still don't think this is any ep related event. I see it as a possible new thing with no comp. backing. It's too new, too quiet, apparently gym backed and its causing a stir and buzz. Which is always good.

This post is verified by Chad Mulkey!

1) I find myself liking all your posts! 2) I still don't think this is any ep related event. I see it as a possible new thing with no comp. backing. It's too new, too quiet, apparently gym backed and its causing a stir and buzz. Which is always good.

This post is verified by Chad Mulkey!

1) Thanks! :) 2) I agree

i dont care. you can drop it now.
Alright I'll be the one to say it. The real deal here is that people would prefer it if you took the time and went through the thread. Even if you go back 5 or so pages you can probably find out that no one knows what is going on except that there are teams being announced and thats basically it. Just learn from it and move on! :)

Someone else correct me if I'm wrong but that's the real 'upset' here, especially when I believe this is a pretty big point in the 'newbie rules' or whatever they have.

Yeah. Its just, and no offense to these teams, i'm afraid it'll be 3 CEA teams, 3 Cali Teams, 2 WC, and their taking up all these slots and I wished it was by gym or something so there would be more teams able to participate...
Double post but... This seems to be an event created by industry leaders and this list of teams/gyms is 100% industry leaders. No questions asked. Sure talent is a factor but every single gym behind this is a leader in this industry whether it is skills, Worlds/NCA placements, innovation, and people who spearhead most changes in the industry.

Alright I'll be the one to say it. The real deal here is that people would prefer it if you took the time and went through the thread. Even if you go back 5 or so pages you can probably find out that no one knows what is going on except that there are teams being announced and thats basically it. Just learn from it and move on! :)

Someone else correct me if I'm wrong but that's the real 'upset' here, especially when I believe this is a pretty big point in the 'newbie rules' or whatever they have.
I think you pretty much summarized that perfectly.

Weird...Encore was at Temple last year, and definitely not big enough for the Convention Center. I don't see this being affiliated, since CL is not connected with Varsity, so I'll guess it's a wait and see thing.

Encore had two Philly comps last year, one at Temple and one at the Convention Center. The one at the Convention Center was in a smaller room than photographed in the CL pic. The Philly Garden show was going on in the room shown and that room is huge!

not sure what or why about this competition and event (that's what @cheerUPDATES call it) but I'm so excited! Philly is a only about 10 minutes away from where I live and I'm beyond happy

I just looked at flights from Orange County to Philly... In between college, a car payment, NCA, Worlds, and competitions in Vegas, I will be sitting this one out.

In addition to the GymTyme and T&S going....isn't this super close to Daytona, if not the weekend of?
I'm not even cheering this year and I still would not be able to afford airline tickets from California.
But for GymTyme and T&S, I would assume most of their athletes that compete at Daytona would be on their international teams, and I don't think international teams are going to be a part of this. Though there could be a small handful of athletes in college that are still young enough to be on Platinum/Obsession, respectively. And if they are part of the CL... That will be a rough couple of days.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone

After reading this thread it seems the general consensus is industry/gym leaders may be behind this. My thoughts go to the ASGA. But I haven't heard much from this group lately. Can someone tell me if they are being proactive? What is their agenda and current plans ? Thanks!

I'm not even cheering this year and I still would not be able to afford airline tickets from California.
But for GymTyme and T&S, I would assume most of their athletes that compete at Daytona would be on their international teams, and I don't think international teams are going to be a part of this. Though there could be a small handful of athletes in college that are still young enough to be on Platinum/Obsession, respectively. And if they are part of the CL... That will be a rough couple of days.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone

my guess is if invited, they would still turn it down (even if none were on college teams) as their primary coaching staff would be in Daytona.

Back