All-Star Champions League Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The hint for team 24 looked like somebody farted on the world and ran away! I got the world though! Lol

This post is verified by Chad Mulkey!

So theres more than 24 teams now...
Do you think he added teams recently or was it because teams agreed to come at the last minute after hearing more details?

Do you think he added teams recently or was it because teams agreed to come at the last minute after hearing more details?

I think it was a matter of seeing how many were involved and then deciding it was better to join. No one wants to be the first... or the LAST to join.

I think it was a matter of seeing how many were involved and then deciding it was better to join. No one wants to be the first... or the LAST to join.

Are you speaking with some know, or pure speculation?

Are you speaking with some know, or speculation?

Speculation. There isn't any format for cheer that can't be quantified and made a game out of. And with all our users and the fact I just added Twitter as a way to sign in (you don't even have to answer any of the questions until after you sign in) lots of users can participate.

I find it humorous that this is becoming a viable, respected competition, and no one knows the details. The fact that it has been able to draw these teams, to one place, 3 weeks before worlds is amazing. I've said it before on this thread, I don't care what the format is. These 24 teams (soon to be 26) are heavy hitters. That much talent, at one competition this close to Worlds? Yes please.

I find it humorous that this is becoming a viable, respected competition, and no one knows the details. The fact that it has been able to draw these teams, to one place, 3 weeks before worlds is amazing. I've said it before on this thread, I don't care what the format is. These 24 teams (soon to be 26) are heavy hitters. That much talent, at one competition this close to Worlds? Yes please.

teehee.... :cool:

As some of the gyms stated, it came down to the finer details of operating, scoring, financing etc. This is a first. This is a first of the best under one roof with nothing else involved. Not a Nationals, an event with some sort of bid process. This was an elite invitation with very limited teams coming together. We don't know the scoring nor details, which only intrigues me more. It's apparently not driven off of money from participants, the selection proves it. This is like a true championship, the likes of which have not been done yet. With Worlds we have issues, for example of where do you receive your bid? If its from an IEP then you run a risk of your routine not scoring high at Worlds because its a little different. I am sure that the gyms attending know the scoring, know the rules and its been agreed upon. The beat part of this is the not knowing, the build up and watching them on the floor.

This post is verified by Chad Mulkey!

Reactions: DJ

Well no one has paid a dollar yet. They have been sold on the idea enough to agree to have it publicly said they will go. The things I am interested in is:

-What was the draw for them? Another chance to compete against top teams? Yes everyone wants competition but I don't feel like that was the only thing pulling them in.
-A bunch of teams in one city and no one else already there to watch? Where is the money maker for who is putting it on? If it can't make money it can't last. However if they live stream well it could make some that way. Though I have a few people to NOT recommend they use for live streaming.
- Cheer is hard to adapt to a head to head competition. Cheer scoring has traditionally been TERRIBLE at accurately letting a team in Small Coed compete against a Large Senior. You can compare apples to Oranges as long as you are comparing the apple-ee ness of an apple to the orange-ee ness of an orange. Did they find a better way to score to keep everyone on a level playing field?

Well no one has paid a dollar yet. They have been sold on the idea enough to agree to have it publicly said they will go. The things I am interested in is:

-What was the draw for them? Another chance to compete against top teams? Yes everyone wants competition but I don't feel like that was the only thing pulling them in.
-A bunch of teams in one city and no one else already there to watch? Where is the money maker for who is putting it on? If it can't make money it can't last. However if they live stream well it could make some that way. Though I have a few people to NOT recommend they use for live streaming.
- Cheer is hard to adapt to a head to head competition. Cheer scoring has traditionally been TERRIBLE at accurately letting a team in Small Coed compete against a Large Senior. You can compare apples to Oranges as long as you are comparing the apple-ee ness of an apple to the orange-ee ness of an orange. Did they find a better way to score to keep everyone on a level playing field?

I'm sure all those details will come out following team announcements.

I'm sure all those details will come out following team announcements.

I am sure. And the joy of Fierce Board is we will break it down to little pieces endlessly analyzing every detail. And possibly the bigger impact to the industry. I don't get the texts I get asking WTH is Champions League from the people who have asked to think this is run by the powers that be.

Which brings me to...What is there to be excited about? It's all in the details, no format...I don't care who is going. I will see them in Orlando 3 weeks later and I will get to visit Mickey! :p

Back