All-Star Champions League Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

just to clear some confusion a little but ago- CU only said that it would be at 6 PST because I'm pretty sure the person who asked was from somewhere in the PST time zone. :)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I'm still really interested in how these teams were selected. Because it seems like there are two concepts floating around.
1) A gym's legacy and their reputation
2) Recent placements/fan favorites.

But there are teams that fit both of these concepts, and a few that completely contradict one of these two concepts.
I just am kind of curious what the criteria was for selecting and inviting certain teams and not others.

someone told me panthers opted out. is that true?
and sorry if this has already been discussed I'm not going through 43 pages to find it. so if someone would tell me that'd be great.

They did but something was changed that made them change their mind.

and with regards to it being instead or worlds - doubt it but it could be a warning shot across the bow by gym owners to Varsity...if it is a success who knows.

For those that know more than me, is there enough interest in the US yet that this could be tied to a TV network footing the bill to broadcast it? Works for college football but obviously a much larger fan base. Something like Comcast getting involved (just based on Phili location) or ESPN2?

I'm still really interested in how these teams were selected. Because it seems like there are two concepts floating around.
1) A gym's legacy and their reputation
2) Recent placements/fan favorites.

But there are teams that fit both of these concepts, and a few that completely contradict one of these two concepts.
I just am kind of curious what the criteria was for selecting and inviting certain teams and not others.

I'm thinking some of it had to do with what gym owners were willing to join

Well that's all the team announcements for today :( still waiting for Black Ops and South Elite to be announced... (I just watched black ops' video from worlds and I'm OBSESSED)

someone told me panthers opted out. is that true?
and sorry if this has already been discussed I'm not going through 43 pages to find it. so if someone would tell me that'd be great.

Well it would be better if you did to look since you new ..... However if a team is announced they have accepted the invite and panthers were announced

I have been thinking this same thing from the beginning of CL announcements. Not in its first year but what if this becomes not an alternative to Worlds but a more desirable representation of the best in the World. Worlds as it stands now has so many flaws venue, score sheet, and to many at large bids to name a few. I am wondering if this new competition will create the pressure for change that everyone is asking for.

I'm gonna say it would take MANY years for this to happen, and by the time it did, I think USASF will have improved Worlds.

If it were to replace Worlds that would certainly have a huge impact on the business practices of these Varsity EPs. No longer would they hold the key to the most Elite competition available. There would no longer be the need for gyms to chase bids. Of course, it would eliminate the possibility of some dark horse rising up out of no where and taking the crown. Certainly interesting to think about.

From CUs Twitter "The #CHAMPIONSLEAGUE will be unlike any event you've seen thanks to a cooperative effort of the gym owners, and @Nfinity's continued support"

I suspected this was Nfinity's ( and the ASGA's) attempt to pull some power from Varsity. I'm even more excited now.

Back