Champions League Teams

Discussion in 'Allstar Cheerleading' started by NJ Coach, Jun 20, 2013.

1. MissCongeniality

MissCongeniality Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Lol! I just mean that each district had one boy and one girl in the "battle" ...even numbers of boys and girls (even numbers of coed and all girl)

2. mstealtoyou

mstealtoyou Moderator Staff Member

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent

Thanks

3. armywifecheercoach

armywifecheercoach I shimmy daily

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach

Ooh someone who gets what it is like to live in my brain. Love living with ADHD.

4. cheercurl

cheercurl Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    umm...that would be a big fat NO. :mad:

5. cheercurl

cheercurl Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I think Cheer2Win and I have similar brains...:p

6. beyondthebowcheer

beyondthebowcheer They call me Susie

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Industry Professional
    Now we know its confirmed to be Nfinity as the major sponsor. Any thoughts that their 6 other competitions will also be related to the big finale?

7. mariahnicole1216

mariahnicole1216 I have my own cheer message board

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    But wait hold on lolsmiley...................:cow:

8. Cheeranswers

Cheeranswers Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    so out of curiosity, how would everyone feel if the competition included international teams? IF the competition format is coed vs coed, AG vs AG, do you think its unfair to have international teams that dont have that age cap, and other teams do? i would love to see teams like gt pink and wildcats and i think they are totally deserving but im personally glad that if thats the competition format, they are not included. i think it could be argued as unfair, and im just wondering everyone elses thoughts on it :)

9. AerialsAllstars_Ash

AerialsAllstars_Ash I make my own voiceovers

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    ashley_newberry
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Welp, My Senior Level 1 team was National Champions last season and won competitions locally... Call up Cheer Updates.... Those level 5 teams don't deserve the Champions League over my team, I mean we can't beat those teams in the league, but they still shouldn't be in the league. #sarcasm #chyeeaaa69juststoptalking

10. Cheeranswers

Cheeranswers Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    it was already cleared up that the post was sarcastic. can we all just move on please?
    :deadhorse:

11. AerialsAllstars_Ash

AerialsAllstars_Ash I make my own voiceovers

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    ashley_newberry
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    It only became sarcastic after everyone started punking him about it.

12. Jennie

Jennie Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Fan
    As much as people (including myself) have been endlessly trying to find a method for the selection of teams I have seen a conclusion which people wont like but most likely true - it's the most popular teams.
    If this event is going to bring lots of fan trade and money in its first year you would want the teams that cause the most "talk" to catch the attention of fans.
    Let's be honest, the percentage of people that remember who came 5th in small senior at Worlds compared to who came 5th in large senior are going to be different.
    There are teams who have been selected/have accepted who may not have done as well the past couple of seasons as teams who have not. But the teams that have been selected are the most "popular" teams in the country.
    The CA Black Ops discussion from earlier comes into play very much here. It's not that they aren't talented (they are World freaking Champions) but they are not the most popular money bringing team.
    Sad truth really.
    (Woo long post, sorry folks)

13. yojaehs

yojaehs Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Verified Member:
    Shea Crawford
    Florida Wildcat Tumbling Director
    I can buy the "popular" thing. But who's to say Black Ops wasn't invited? Who's to say they chose not to participate? I mean if they want to hold their own CL just go to the Cali showcase, they brought home more Gold Globes than anyone this past season (also more NCA megaphones).

Ok, I get that black ops SHOULD be in. But what if they didn't get the invite? (I still believe the likelyhood that Coed, Smoed and Lady Bullets are in and it wasn't discussed with Jeff/Tannaz is HIGHLY unlikely). But who's to say there has to be a reason? I mean so far we can all agree that everyteam listed has a tradition of being at the very least good. There isn't one team on this list that MOST on this board would LOVE to watch live.

My gym has a team going but I can say our knowledge of the selection process doesn't exist. I wish people would just sit back and relax. Look who IS going, they are all good. If your favorite team isn't there, maybe next year they will be. As I said before people can gripe and moan all they want but if you pick YOUR top 10 list to watch, that's hell of a half hour!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

14. tumbleyoda

tumbleyoda Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Fierce Board mobile app

There is no currently no major incentive for USASF/Varsity to "improve" World's. They have all the winning cards in their hands. However there is definitely strength in numbers. For example if only one of the CL teams/programs pulled out of Worlds USASF/Varsity wouldn't blink. But if ALL of them did, then that would be disastrous for USASF/Varsity. It would be a marketing nightmare and that year's World's champion would forever have an asterik by it since those premier programs did not attend.Even if it was just for one year it could push some of the changes in World's that have talked about for years in social media and behind closed doors. Like a different venue for example.

I am not suggesting that this is what is happening or will happen. I have no inside info that there is some master plan beyond this one event. Just looking forward at the bigger implications that could potentially happen.

15. yojaehs

yojaehs Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Verified Member:
    Shea Crawford
    Florida Wildcat Tumbling Director
    I don't forsee this happening or being a motive. I do however seeing a weekend that highlights great teams with a lot more freedom!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!