Changes in the Big D.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ok, here we go. lol I disagree that doubles should be removed from youth. I would agree, however, that stunting (double downs from single leg) should be removed. I know dozens of youth aged kids that have been able to complete a perfect double and then some way before they aged out of youth, yet I see SOOO many junior and senior aged kids that do not complete a perfect double. I do not believe youth aged kids should be held back in their tumbling. But if you want to talk stunting, I might actually be on the same page as you. :)

We're in the same book and chapter. That said, I'll defer to you on this, but I think doubles in youth are dome with more than large all girl. I think it may be a done deal, and I know some heavy hitters are behind it and the injury situation supports limiting the repetitive motion injuries in kids this age (something I do know about). It would be harder to prove a physical cost to the athlete on double downs.

We're in the same book and chapter. That said, I'll defer to you on this, but I think doubles in youth are dome with more than large all girl. I think it may be a done deal, and I know some heavy hitters are behind it and the injury situation supports limiting the repetitive motion injuries in kids this age (something I do know about). It would be harder to prove a physical cost to the athlete on double downs.

Now I have heard there are a lot of supporters out there pushing this as well. Since I really have no iron in the fire for that division I really don't care what they decide, but I do believe that will have no effect on youth 5 teams whatsoever. I also know for a fact that youth aged kids with doubles will most definitely still be competing them, just not on a youth 5 team. That's why I think it's pointless to make the rule. So my 10 year old WOULD have been on youth 5 but since she has a double and it's not allowed in that division her gym puts her on junior 5 instead. That's what I see happening. Or in gyms that use crossovers, they'll do both Youth 5 and Junior 5.

Now I have heard there are a lot of supporters out there pushing this as well. Since I really have no iron in the fire for that division I really don't care what they decide, but I do believe that will have no effect on youth 5 teams whatsoever. I also know for a fact that youth aged kids with doubles will most definitely still be competing them, just not on a youth 5 team. That's why I think it's pointless to make the rule. So my 10 year old WOULD have been on youth 5 but since she has a double and it's not allowed in that division her gym puts her on junior 5 instead. That's what I see happening. Or in gyms that use crossovers, they'll do both Youth 5 and Junior 5.

Same book, chapter and now page. That should scare you to some extent.

should we call this an "official" hijack of a thread about division sizes or do you want to keep trying to be subtle about it?

should we call this an "official" hijack of a thread about division sizes or do you want to keep trying to be subtle about it?

Changes in the Big D. Division size was one part. Look at King's list above. And you can surely join us for a bourbon, I prefer Gentleman Jack. And BTW, change your avatar, or whatever it is called to the picture of the big great white trying to eat the guy on the helicopter, and everyone will be scared of you.

I don't want to have to repeat myself with you 2 so read carefully.

Back AWAY from the Youth division.....very very slowly.....and nobody get's hurt. LMAO

In seriousness, this thread has been enlightening. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I vote that we get an App that translates AllGoodPeople automatically into Coolemee speak for McLovin and me. LOL (I had no idea you were from there......I learned something new today)

If there is bourbon involved I'll have knob creek, and make mine a double haha

poking some fun got me a beverage invitation. . .deal! I should do this more often.

I can't change my signature because the people have voted. I defer to the system of "all fairness and honesty"

See you at showcase!

edited to add: of course mstealtoyou is invited with Jeff.

If there is bourbon involved I'll have knob creek, and make mine a double haha

You are definitely invited, and I do believe I will be at your gym soon to see my Norwegian kids when they come to work with yall. Or I'll be near if barred by management. I think we are going to the UGA/Tenn game that weekend also.

Had I know bourbon was going to be involved I would have been more involved in this thread. I'm with KB on the double Knob Creek.

Just to drift a little towards being on topic, do most people agree something needs to change with team size? It seems like those in favor of change have been very vocal, but those in favor of keeping it the same have been fairly quiet. Also, which one of King's suggestions should be at the top of the priority list?

Universal score sheet would easily be the top of my list... Along with universal rules, a universal standard of scoring is a major part of making the sport more legitimate! Also if there is ONE score sheet everyone (judges, coaches, athletes, AND parents) can become extremely proficient in using that standard of scoring, which means judges training will be easier, coaches can develop one routine to be the most effective at every competition, and parents/athletes can be more easily educated and understand why the chips fall the way they do better

I say let's get the lowest hanging fruit first.

Universal crossover rules and large to 30 would take less effort to get out the door and done.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I don't want to have to repeat myself with you 2 so read carefully.

Back AWAY from the Youth division.....very very slowly.....and nobody get's hurt. LMAO

In seriousness, this thread has been enlightening. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I vote that we get an App that translates AllGoodPeople automatically into Coolemee speak for McLovin and me. LOL (I had no idea you were from there......I learned something new today)

Hahaha! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that needs a translator! haha He did well for a post or two and now he's back to Chapel Hill speech. LMBO :)

Universal score sheet would easily be the top of my list... Along with universal rules, a universal standard of scoring is a major part of making the sport more legitimate! Also if there is ONE score sheet everyone (judges, coaches, athletes, AND parents) can become extremely proficient in using that standard of scoring, which means judges training will be easier, coaches can develop one routine to be the most effective at every competition, and parents/athletes can be more easily educated and understand why the chips fall the way they do better

Say yes to this and no to transforming any division until a comprehensive, sensible reform of the competition season is proposed, hashed out and agreed on please. Or, in my Coolemee tone, keep you hands off the large senior division until you get your poop straight about what we are trying to achieve with the competition schedule and Worlds.

Back