All-Star Changing Divisions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 10, 2017
I know I read something but can’t find it now. If a team competes as International at one comp, can they go regular at the next?

I'm pretty sure yes as long as they meet the requirements for both (ages and team sizes I believe are a little different). Last year one team at our gym competed in international and regular at the same comp.

You can change divisions anytime but any bid u got goes away .
For international though, I am not sure if the bid would go away or if you could refuse a bid to IASF or receive one and then choose which division you participate in for Summit? Language is not totally clear.
https://www.varsity.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/VAS_IASF_Summit_FAQ_18.19.pdf

"Can the same team compete in the IASF Divisions AND a USASF Division? NO – this was allowed the first season and WILL NOT be allowed in 2019. Teams must choose to be either IASF or USASF at The Summit."

Last edited:
I found what I had read. It was regarding NCA:

All teams must compete in their legitimate USASF level. Teams that move to a lower USASF level prior to attending NCA Nationals are allowed to do so, provided they competed at least once in their new level at one or more USASF competitions. This policy also applies to teams who typically compete in Club divisions but move to an International divisions for NCA Nationals. Should a team’s Level Eligibility be questioned by another program, NCA will request documentation of that team’s participation at a previous event.

So I don't know if that is an NCA rule or a Varisty rule.

I found what I had read. It was regarding NCA:

All teams must compete in their legitimate USASF level. Teams that move to a lower USASF level prior to attending NCA Nationals are allowed to do so, provided they competed at least once in their new level at one or more USASF competitions. This policy also applies to teams who typically compete in Club divisions but move to an International divisions for NCA Nationals. Should a team’s Level Eligibility be questioned by another program, NCA will request documentation of that team’s participation at a previous event.

So I don't know if that is an NCA rule or a Varisty rule.
It is an NCA rule

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back