All-Star Changing Gyms For Worlds / Summit

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 13, 2017
With seeing gyms recruiting for Worlds and Summit athletes due to injuries, are there any rules that apply?

I keep hearing about athletes that quit teams at the very end of the season so they can go to Worlds or Summit with a different (read 'famous') team. Are the receiving teams obligated to find out if the athletes have another gym affiliation before accepting them? Like some other sports, is there a 'trading deadline'?

Always disappointed when athletes and gyms display conduct that is the exact opposite of sportsmanship.

With seeing gyms recruiting for Worlds and Summit athletes due to injuries, are there any rules that apply?

I keep hearing about athletes that quit teams at the very end of the season so they can go to Worlds or Summit with a different (read 'famous') team. Are the receiving teams obligated to find out if the athletes have another gym affiliation before accepting them? Like some other sports, is there a 'trading deadline'?

Always disappointed when athletes and gyms display conduct that is the exact opposite of sportsmanship.
For Worlds yes. If you competed with another gym after Nov 1, 2017, you have to have a release form signed from that gym in order to compete at Worlds, this doesn't apply for Summit though.

My daughter is going to summit with another team but her home team is done for the season. She didn't quit. I would never allow her to quit, but she knows in our house we finish what we start and stick to our commitments.
That said, there are probably a variety of reasons athletes leave. We don't know what those reasons are sometimes.

Latest posts

Back