All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I've taught those more times than I can count, but obviously never tried either skill. I'm not sure whether to just be happy no one got hurt someone or irritated that my feet came apart in my twist.

Your clap at the end was super clean though :shimmy:

Word is that CA intends to open a gym in the Atlanta area within the next 2 years. Is there any truth to this and, if so, what city do you intend to open your gym in? @BlueCat

Word is that CA intends to open a gym in the Atlanta area within the next 2 years. Is there any truth to this and, if so, what city do you intend to open your gym in? @BlueCat
At this point, we do not have any specific area or city picked out for our next expansion.

he just said there is no area/city picked out, so how could he possibly confirm an intent to expand to georgia?
We have heard, on good authority, that CA has every intention of opening a gym in the Atlanta area within the next two years. The response from @BlueCat used careful wording that could be explained later down the road with "I only said we didn't have a specific area or city picked out. We never denied that we were expanding in to Georgia in general." I just want to clarify his position on this.

We have heard, on good authority, that CA has every intention of opening a gym in the Atlanta area within the next two years. The response from @BlueCat used careful wording that could be explained later down the road with "I only said we didn't have a specific area or city picked out. We never denied that we were expanding in to Georgia in general." I just want to clarify his position on this.
I am NOT saying that we will never expand into Georgia. I have no idea what opportunities may arise or where we may decide to go. I AM saying that we have no current plans to expand into Georgia. For that matter, we have no specific plans to expand anywhere in particular and we have no set timeline beyond Charlotte. Your "good authority" is mistaken.

I would imagine that if all goes well, we will open another facility in about a year for the 2015-16 season, but that is not certain. At this point, we legitimately do NOT know where that will be. We don't even have a "short list" at this point. Our focus right now is on getting our 4 locations up and running smoothly and getting our new teams picked.

Dang! Georgia has so many gyms already. No fair. I guess it's just one more reason we need to move back home to the Peach State. Grumble, grumble...Georgia gets all the fun stuff.

Dang! Georgia has so many gyms already. No fair. I guess it's just one more reason we need to move back home to the Peach State. Grumble, grumble...Georgia gets all the fun stuff.

And no one has yet to move into middle/south georiga and the amount of talent in those areas is crazy, but no one wants to travel to atlanta to be apart of a good gym.

A thread on the parent side got me thinking: I know that using crossovers is somewhat frowned upon in your organization, and possibly in Texas, but the cheer culture in NC is very accepting of it,most gyms in the region are pretty crossover heavy, and a lot of athletes and their families somewhat expect to do two teams. I was just wondering if you will be allowing crossovers in the Charlotte location, or if you will be carrying the same policy in this gym that you do the others.

A thread on the parent side got me thinking: I know that using crossovers is somewhat frowned upon in your organization, and possibly in Texas, but the cheer culture in NC is very accepting of it,most gyms in the region are pretty crossover heavy, and a lot of athletes and their families somewhat expect to do two teams. I was just wondering if you will be allowing crossovers in the Charlotte location, or if you will be carrying the same policy in this gym that you do the others.
I'm sure Bluecat will better answer his reasoning but the reason it's not popular in Texas is because we mostly all do NCA. So especially if it's between levels it's not possible but even then you can't have more then 5 per team even though it's within same level. It makes it real difficult.

My question to go along with yours is will all those teams be coming to NCA as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back