All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have no idea how PT works (not literally, i know what you do:p) but with regards to like insurance, billing, licensing, etc. With chiropractic, the insurance to practice is astronomically cheaper than MD's and you can choose to have an all cash practice and never once have to deal with patients' insurance companies. so in theory, the gym could pay a lump sum to have you there and treating patients (cost factored into tuition or an optional extra - with parents present, waivers, etc. obviously) or the parents could pay cash to use you services on premises. or it could go opposite and i guess you could give the gym a percentage of profits to practice in their facility. i haven't really thought out the logistics of it, because it would certainly vary depending on the gym and what they wanted. my immediate goal after graduation would just be to form a relationship with any gym in the area i choose to set up practice and hope for referrals from the gym and maybe one day down the road get to be there once a week or something. a girl can dream lol

seriously, think of how many times here we say to injured kids to bring a video of what you do to the MD/PT/DC etc because they don't understand what you do? but we already understand, so it's a win-win for gyms, athletes, and (hopefully) us!
I'm not 100% sure (although I probably should be), but I'm pretty confident that PT is similar in that you can have all cash practices. That's exactly what I'm thinking though, I don't see why gyms wouldn't want to be affiliated somehow with a PT (or any other medical professional) that is already familiar with cheer. I do have 2 years to think this through and to form connections though, so hopefully I (we!) can make it work somehow.

I have no idea how PT works (not literally, i know what you do:p) but with regards to like insurance, billing, licensing, etc. With chiropractic, the insurance to practice is astronomically cheaper than MD's and you can choose to have an all cash practice and never once have to deal with patients' insurance companies. so in theory, the gym could pay a lump sum to have you there and treating patients (cost factored into tuition or an optional extra - with parents present, waivers, etc. obviously) or the parents could pay cash to use you services on premises. or it could go opposite and i guess you could give the gym a percentage of profits to practice in their facility. i haven't really thought out the logistics of it, because it would certainly vary depending on the gym and what they wanted. my immediate goal after graduation would just be to form a relationship with any gym in the area i choose to set up practice and hope for referrals from the gym and maybe one day down the road get to be there once a week or something. a girl can dream lol

seriously, think of how many times here we say to injured kids to bring a video of what you do to the MD/PT/DC etc because they don't understand what you do? but we already understand, so it's a win-win for gyms, athletes, and (hopefully) us!

The way she works at our gym is, as far as I know, she will bill your insurance company or you can pay her directly. The gym doesn't pay her anything and her services are not free/included in any fees you pay. I don't know if she rents the space out from the gym or anything like that, but I know she does the billing of her clients exactly like she'd do at a PT clinic.

It would depend on what job you were interested in. We have opportunities in coaching, graphic design, marketing, accounting, management, sales, human resources, and customer service. Truthfully, however, personality and work experience are generally more valuable to us than education type or level.

Sssssoooo I can start tomorrow. hahaha

Last edited:
Now that team placement calls have been made, can you please list the Plano teams for the upcoming 2014-15 season? Thank you.

This is still subject to change and not official at this point. (Truthfully, I have been focused on Charlotte and haven't been involved in in Plano, Austin, or Frisco for the last half of the evaluation/selection process.) No, we do not know whether Panthers will be medium or large at this point. This is one more team for Plano that last season.

CA Athletes: if your coach told you something different than this, they are right and this is wrong.

Bearkatz (JR 1)
Bengals (Sm Jr 4)
Bobcats (Mini 1)
Cheetahs (L Co 5)
Claw 6 (IOC 6)
Cougars (Sm Y 2)
Cubs (Mini 2)
Felines (Sr R5)
Fiercekatz (IO 5)
Firecats (Sm Sr 3)
Itty Bitty Kitties (T1)
Icecats (Sm Jr 3)
Jags (Sm Jr 5)
Junglecats (M Co 5)
Katz (Jr 2)
KittyKatz (Y1)
LadyKatz (IO 6)
Ligers (Sr Co 3)
Lions (Y3)
Lynx (Lg Jr 3)
Panthers (MSr/LSr)
Prowlers (Sr Co 4)
Pumas (Sr Co R5)
Sabres (Sr 2)
Sassycats (LG SR 4)
ShowKittens (Show Team)
Thundercats (Lg Jr 4)
Tigers (Sm Sr 4)
Wildcats (IOC 5)
SuperKatz (Special Needs) but has not yet been selected

Last edited:
@BlueCat
Sorry if this has been asked already.

What is CA's reasoning behind having tryouts and announcing teams so 'early' in the season?

As a comparison, I've heard Maryland Twisters have tryouts in mid May and do not assign athletes to a specific team until August (all level 5 athletes practice together until such time).

@BlueCat

What is CA's reasoning behind having tryouts and announcing teams so 'early' in the season?

As a comparison, I've heard Maryland Twisters have tryouts in mid May and do not assign athletes to a specific team until August (all level 5 athletes practice together until such time).
Maryland twisters is having tryouts this weekend, most gyms have them around this time. Stingrays and CJA have tryouts this weekend too, and SOT and Stars Vipers already had theirs. CA doesn't really do it earlier than other gyms, and having everyone practice together within a level is not that common. Any time from mid April-end of May is pretty typical and there are definitely gyms doing tryouts on every weekend during that time period.

@BlueCat

That's how tryouts were done last year for us and the level training really paid off with better technique all across the board BUT this year, teams are being announced at the end of June/beginning of July! Much earlier this year!

Maryland twisters is having tryouts this weekend, most gyms have them around this time. Stingrays and CJA have tryouts this weekend too, and SOT and Stars Vipers already had theirs. CA doesn't really do it earlier than other gyms, and having everyone practice together within a level is not that common. Any time from mid April-end of May is pretty typical and there are definitely gyms doing tryouts on every weekend during that time period.

Cheer Athletics teams (SOT as well, but this is a CA thread) are definitely announced before others. Even if its marginally. Picking a specific team - Panthers have already announced the team roster before Shooting Stars, Senior Elite and Orange have even had tryouts.
Different strokes for different folks - I just wondered if their was a reason.

@yooolizzi Didn't know about this years, I just remember that from last years tryouts they were announced around august! :)

@BlueCat

The Texas season seems to start earlier than other parts of the country. Plano/Austin gyms are basically around the same time as our neighbors. It may relate to Texas teams' main focus being NCA Nationals.

If call backs have already happened. Why is panthers still undecided what division they will be in?

I don't know the answer to that, as I wasn't involved in those discussions (working in NC at the time). My guess would be to see how stunt groups work out.

I don't know the answer to that, as I wasn't involved in those discussions (working in NC at the time). My guess would be to see how stunt groups work out.

so i'm guessing they will be practicing with more than 30 girls? since more than 30 girls received a phone call saying "you made panthers!" so if they choose to go medium are there openings on other worlds teams for the extras who may not work on panthers? or if they're young enough do they go to jags? or are they simply alternates who may or may not get to compete?

i know you are not currently present so you may not have a specific answer... i just find this all intriguing at any gym because someone being a benchwarmer all season just doesn't fly in the cheer world. (understandably so, it's expensive.)

so i'm guessing they will be practicing with more than 30 girls? since more than 30 girls received a phone call saying "you made panthers!" so if they choose to go medium are there openings on other worlds teams for the extras who may not work on panthers? or if they're young enough do they go to jags? or are they simply alternates who may or may not get to compete?

i know you are not currently present so you may not have a specific answer... i just find this all intriguing at any gym because someone being a benchwarmer all season just doesn't fly in the cheer world. (understandably so, it's expensive.)

but aren't there alternates at every gym...?! Most teams down here start off a little bigger and the number usually dwindles down over the summer.

Those are good questions. I do not know the specific answer.

Back