All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

That was my biggest issue. Six girls come to the car wash. 5 of them are there the entire time washing cars while Suzie shows up halfway through, washes two cars, and leaves early. However, she still expects to be included evenly in the split. That is why we do not even deal with it. Let all 6 of those moms get headaches over the split. Not me.

If you are set up as a non-profit, you basically aren't allowed to divide the proceeds in an uneven fashion. Worse even than your example, you have to split the money evenly between all 20 on the team (the 6 that showed up and the 14 that didn't.)

(There is probably some loophole choreography you could pull by actual participants paying membership fee and only dividing among them, etc. Why go through all of that hassle when you can just let those 5 1/2 people wash cars on their own, keep the $, then pay what they owe from that? Why risk triggering an audit?)

Saw info. posted for new tryouts. When do you post info., hold tryouts for International Open teams? Do they practice on weekends? Are cost lower?

Saw info. posted for new tryouts. When do you post info., hold tryouts for International Open teams? Do they practice on weekends? Are cost lower?

Which International Open teams are you talking about? Most are selected at the same time as the rest of the teams are picked. Some years, we add on a team (typically a level 6) or two during the year, but that is determined by interest and coach availability. Those teams typically practice primarily on weekends. We do have a lower rate for athletes who have already graduated HS, and sometimes those "add-on" teams have a different schedule and a different tuition rate.

I do not have specific information about those particular teams and costs yet. We probably won't until well after the full-year teams are picked.

Do Wildcats typically practice primarily on weekends?
Pretty much all the international teams have a Sunday practice and a weekday practice regularly, Wildcats included. I believe the only exception this year was Claw 6.

Keep checking for SuperCAmp dates for this summer on the website, says dates coming soon. Any idea when it will be released? Trying to get my summer vacations approved at work. Thanks!!

@BlueCat I love the look of the new try-out packet. I was wondering, if there something else that you give athletes that contains more information about CA policies and procedures?

@BlueCat I love the look of the new try-out packet. I was wondering, if there something else that you give athletes that contains more information about CA policies and procedures?

We plan to have a more detailed packet available in 2-3 weeks.

I can understand why people not in the gym business would think it would be nearly impossible for anyone to run up large balances. The reality is that when you have hundreds (or thousands) of athletes, some of their parents aren't going to pay on time. Multi-month balances are even more rare, but not impossible. You will hear an unbelievable range of excuses. Parents will make special arrangements for payments and then break them routinely. They will then get furious when you threaten to withhold services from their child. Dealing with the accounts receivable is easily one of the worst parts of the job of running a youth activity business.

It is never fun to pull a kid from a team for any reason. It never really gets any easier. There are times it has to be done, but it always feels icky. It really stinks when you are forced to basically punish a kid for what their parents did (or didn't do).

As a percentage, our A/R is probably lower than it has been in 20 years. However, it is still a painfully large number despite us throwing a ton of resources at the issue.

Would you ever consider making it a policy that if accounts are not paid by the due date kids are immediately sat out until payment is received? Basically allow for no leniency unless special agreements/arrangements are made in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you ever consider making it a policy that if accounts are not paid by the due date kids are immediately sat out until payment is received? Basically allow for no leniency unless special agreements/arrangements are made in advance.

We basically have that policy (after 30 days). No leniency at all is easy in theory, very challenging in practice. Sitting out a crying 4 year old because their payment is 1 day late does not play well.

Back