All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

When did Panthers' nickname of "babs" become a thing? In the multi-view video of their 2011 Worlds routine you can hear the team chant "5-6-7-8 babs!" Was it around that time or was it before then?

Does CA get new practice wear for every season? if so, when do the new designs come out? :)

We normally do, but this year we opted to keep the same ones as last year in order to save the parents a bit of money. We will try to release any new designs prior to the new season starting.

SOME parents want and approve these things. Some do not want them at all but feel very awkward trying to express their disagreement with the money being spent or with the designs that the gung-ho parents have come up with. We get a HUGE numbers of parents that have asked us to rein in the spending, so we are trying the best we can. Is our solution perfect? Probably not. There will still be some teams that will try to find a way around the rule and end up overspending, but we feel this is a step in the right direction.
This makes sense. I bet that even at the gyms at which it seems like most/all of the parents love having their team in expensive gear, that isn't actually the case because the dissenters are silent.

Last edited:
Hi BlueCat! I'm sorry if any of these have been answered! I've noticed you allow "private evaluations" around try out time, may I ask your reasoning for this offer? And what does a private evaluation usually entail? Do you have coaches/athletes there so you can see an athletes stunting ability?
Also do you employ any local marketing to gain new athletes who have never cheered before, if so have you found anything particularly successful/unsuccessful?

Hi BlueCat! I'm sorry if any of these have been answered! I've noticed you allow "private evaluations" around try out time, may I ask your reasoning for this offer? And what does a private evaluation usually entail? Do you have coaches/athletes there so you can see an athletes stunting ability?
Also do you employ any local marketing to gain new athletes who have never cheered before, if so have you found anything particularly successful/unsuccessful?
We allow private tryouts/evaluations in case someone is unavailable during the regular times. We try to make it expensive enough that they do the regular tryout unless they have a pretty good reason. (We generally prefer to see the athletes in the regular tryout sessions if possible.). They do pretty much the same thing as a regular tryout. If they also sign up for the flyer evaluation, we take them through the flyer stuff also. That takes multiple people to administer, so that is more expensive.

We have not found any type of marketing to be particularly successful compared to word-of-mouth.

@BlueCat how often do the different teams get different uniforms and how often do teams have day 1/2 uniforms?

We usually keep a uniform 3-4 years, but there is variance depending on several factors - one of the main one being how much we like the uniform. (A uniform that looks great and is popular is less likely to be replaced.)

Multi-uniform teams are tough to administer, more expensive for the athletes, and tend to actually lose money for the gym. They are (I believe) only for some of the Worlds teams.

We allow private tryouts/evaluations in case someone is unavailable during the regular times. We try to make it expensive enough that they do the regular tryout unless they have a pretty good reason. (We generally prefer to see the athletes in the regular tryout sessions if possible.). They do pretty much the same thing as a regular tryout. If they also sign up for the flyer evaluation, we take them through the flyer stuff also. That takes multiple people to administer, so that is more expensive.

We have not found any type of marketing to be particularly successful compared to word-of-mouth.
Thank-you for your quick reply! Have a nice day :) (evening where you are!)

Back