Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Discussion in 'Allstar Cheerleading' started by BlueCat, May 12, 2011.

1. wondervvivi

wondervvivi Cheer Stalker

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach / Athlete
    What do you think about all the vlogs? (Keeping up with the cheetahs, behind zur scenes with babs, wild life) I really enjoy watching those, but I always Think that my Coaches would hate it if I was vlogging during practice because you should keep the focus on practice.

2. BlueCat

BlueCat Roses are red, cats are blue National Champion

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    jodymelton
    I am a(n)...:
    Gym Owner
    Verified Member:
    Jody Melton
    Owner of Cheer Athletics
    Honestly, I don't really follow a ton of social media closely, so I don't really know about that. I assume that it hasn't been a disruption to practices, otherwise the coaches would have addressed it already.

3. Rudags

Rudags Two Time Defending Champion, Board Comedian

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Twitter:
    teamspiritfx
    I am a(n)...:
    Choreographer
    @BlueCat - Did you change up choreographer's or styles this year? I've always appreciated Cheer Athletics Skills but never "obsessed" over Cheer Athletics. However, this year after your Blue Debut videos, I am a HUGE fan of this years choreography from Level 1 to Level 5 in regards to routine composition and skill use and creativity compared to years past. Was curious is this was an intentional change of style or if you had new blood in the gym from a choreography perspective? Either way, congrats on an amazing season opener and add me to the list of the CA Fan Girls Club.

4. BlueCat

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    jodymelton
    I am a(n)...:
    Gym Owner
    Verified Member:
    Jody Melton
    Owner of Cheer Athletics
    Thank you so much for the kind words - they mean a ton. To specifically answer your question, I think it is a bit of both. We do have some new blood that is contributing to the creativity mix, but we also have many of our veteran staffers that have really been doing their homework into what has worked and what has not in terms of routine flow and scoring. We are always hungry to improve in any way we can and aren't too proud to change stuff up if we think there are better ways of doing things.

• Shimmy Shimmy x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Serena Brandt

Serena Brandt I'm new. Don't Hurt Me

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Uh the coaches are not trained properly enough to know how to prevent or handle injuries. It's the most injured of all sports (even NFL). But there seems to be no concern for it.

6. Serena Brandt

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    oh god. is this how coaches and hr are found? no wonder....wow!

7. Serena Brandt

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Because you have too many paying parents and you won't turn people away but the gym is too small and majority of coaching staff not equipped with proper coaching to avoid all the injuries that keep occurring. Not a good combo.

8. Serena Brandt

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    please NO! monopolies built on power and money usually fall hard.

9. Serena Brandt

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    because it soooo doesn't matter
    ha. that would make sense. Jerry Jones (evil money grubbing oedipus complexed man joining forces with the same)? perfect Shakespearian fall from grace. can't wait! bring the popcorn.

10. Serena Brandt

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    blogs, vlogs, groupme, cheerlebrities is NOT a good thing. people forget that this stuff stays with them forever. most of the cheerlebrities look like they just came from the bada bing. I can assure you these people will never have reputable jobs posting what they do. It's a serious sport (MOST injured of any college/professional sport) and should be taken as such. If you want fun and bubbles have a kids gym. But I think and IQ and EQ test for a gym would be brilliant. Like an all star gym that actually had the same caliber of kids/parents. Then again coaches would have to be ivy league educated and trained in sports medicine for them to even be legit. But I love the idea of it.

11. CoachTamara

CoachTamara Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    tamaraerdes
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    It appears you are new and every single post so far is bashing Cheer Athletics. I would say that if you have a concern about the way they are doing things and/or running their business, you should email them directly and not post on here. If your concerns are legitimate, any gym owner would want to know and be able to address them. Coming on a public forum to speak negatively says a lot more about you than it does them (especially one of the most respected programs in the country).

12. BlueCat

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    jodymelton
    I am a(n)...:
    Gym Owner
    Verified Member:
    Jody Melton
    Owner of Cheer Athletics
    "@Serena Brandt" You seem to have a major axe to grind with us. If you have a serious question or concern - you are free to message me directly or email. We aren't particularly hard to get ahold of. jody@cheerathletics.com

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    • Shimmy Shimmy x 14
    • Like Like x 4
    • List
  13. KPep

KPep Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Industry Professional
    I was going to say the same thing. The adult thing to do is to talk to the right persons, not to bash a gym on a board...

14. Serena Brandt

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Really? It seems you know nothing of what goes on at your gym on a daily basis. That should concern you greatly.

15. Serena Brandt

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I was told they have been addressed by several people and ALL were dismissed. If people actually saw what has been going on and witnessed the things that were going on they would be appalled. But how could anyone know what is going on when the gym is so overcrowded that one team tumbles into the next and people get hurt. Quantity (money $) over quality should never be a businesses first priority. And it's a big business with serious consequences (ie. injuries worse than those in the NFL).