All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

With COVID-19 challenges, have you seen the number of athletes trying out for all-star teams decrease, stay the same, or increase?

With COVID-19 challenges, have you seen the number of athletes trying out for all-star teams decrease, stay the same, or increase?

We have been a bit shocked at this, but the number has been about the same, possibly a bit higher. We were anticipating a pretty big drop-off. We do recognize that the situation is still fluid, however.

Hi BlueCat! I was just wondering, what does FTTB mean (i think it's on wildcats uniform?) I understand if you can't tell me if its a private team motto thingy you can't know unless you're on the team, but I noticed it and really was wondering what it means.

Hi BlueCat! I was just wondering, what does FTTB mean (i think it's on wildcats uniform?) I understand if you can't tell me if its a private team motto thingy you can't know unless you're on the team, but I noticed it and really was wondering what it means.

I can’t tell you, it is a private team motto thingy you can’t know unless you’re on the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlueCat also did you know someone named Callie (cali..idk how to spell it) I believe She was on claw 7. Also, how many world teams are there at the Plano location, and is there a non-tumble? If there isn't, would you have any interest in making one?

How do your expansions work and how do you pick new locations? Are these franchises or are these are independently owned by CA?

*sorry if this has been asked. 238 pages.....

How do your expansions work and how do you pick new locations? Are these franchises or are these are independently owned by CA?

*sorry if this has been asked. 238 pages.....

This will be an oversimplification of things, but I don't have hours to give the details.

Up until a couple of years ago, we owned all of the CA gyms and they were all new businesses to the area when opened.

Jen and Beth from CA Pittsburgh had approached us multiple times about letting them open a new location we finally agreed to give a different model a try. They opened the first independently-owned location and almost immediately, we realized that this was the way to go. Having someone local ultimately responsible for the business decisions, but still having the coach training, marketing, and depth of cheer resources available to CA was a pretty strong combination.

We actually did a ton of research into the franchise model and eventually went through all of the steps and expense to legally have government-regulated franchises. (I believe we are the only one in the cheer industry to have gone through that process.) Over the last year and a half, we converted all but the original Plano location to the franchise model. Each of the 9 locations are owned by someone different who is in charge of finding a building, hiring, paying rent, running payroll, etc.

Interested parties submit requests for information to Chad Wright, our expansion director ([email protected]). He vets those who are interested and we narrow it down by a combination of qualifications of the applicant and the prospective area.

We have gotten more requests than you would expect. We have ultimately only accepted/added as many as we thought we could handle without losing the quality of product and experience for the customers. We have been really lucky and gotten some fantastic franchisees.

It is harder and more expensive than you would expect to ramp up the systems needed to go from a small business to a medium-sized business. We are giant by cheer-gym standards, but still really small by overall business standards.

We still make mistakes from time to time, and we are learning a ton every day, but I feel great about the direction we are heading.

Interested parties submit requests for information to Chad Wright, our expansion director ([email protected]). He vets those who are interested and we narrow it down by a combination of qualifications of the applicant and the prospective area.

This is interesting, i always thought it was the people who run Plano who came up with the locations to expand. Do you get requests constantly or is it scattered throughout the years?

This will be an oversimplification of things, but I don't have hours to give the details.

Up until a couple of years ago, we owned all of the CA gyms and they were all new businesses to the area when opened.

Jen and Beth from CA Pittsburgh had approached us multiple times about letting them open a new location we finally agreed to give a different model a try. They opened the first independently-owned location and almost immediately, we realized that this was the way to go. Having someone local ultimately responsible for the business decisions, but still having the coach training, marketing, and depth of cheer resources available to CA was a pretty strong combination.

We actually did a ton of research into the franchise model and eventually went through all of the steps and expense to legally have government-regulated franchises. (I believe we are the only one in the cheer industry to have gone through that process.) Over the last year and a half, we converted all but the original Plano location to the franchise model. Each of the 9 locations are owned by someone different who is in charge of finding a building, hiring, paying rent, running payroll, etc.

We have gotten more requests than you would expect. We have ultimately only accepted/added as many as we thought we could handle without losing the quality of product and experience for the customers. We have been really lucky and gotten some fantastic franchisees.

It is harder and more expensive than you would expect to ramp up the systems needed to go from a small business to a medium-sized business. We are giant by cheer-gym standards, but still really small by overall business standards.

We still make mistakes from time to time, and we are learning a ton every day, but I feel great about the direction we are heading.

have you ever had any international coaches approach you to expand out of country?

This is interesting, i always thought it was the people who run Plano who came up with the locations to expand. Do you get requests constantly or is it scattered throughout the years?

have you ever had any international coaches approach you to expand out of country?

We are fortunate in that requests are pretty constant, (some more serious than others). We have had to put off some pretty promising ones because we are still trying to ramp up our systems and infrastructure for all of that. Like most things in business, the details of that are much more challenging than they look like from the outside. For better or worse, going the official franchise route involves much more structure and process than just painting a new logo on the gym wall.

Yes, we have had requests for non-US based gyms, and we hope to do that in the future. We aren't quite ready for that quite yet.

Is the don't throw up, don't go up rule true. I doubt it cause that's crazy. what is the craziest rumor you have heard about ca? also, are all the gyms (different locations) d1?

Is the don't throw up, don't go up rule true. I doubt it cause that's crazy. what is the craziest rumor you have heard about ca? also, are all the gyms (different locations) d1?

Is that suggesting that we encourage bulimia to help with flying? That is absurd and untrue. Aside from all of the regular health and wellness reasons not to do that (and there are MANY), it wouldn't even work to improve your flying. Being fit and healthy is generally a benefit to athletes in all positions of a stunt, but being malnourished, weak, unhealthy, and underweight makes you less effective in a routine (not to mention all of the serious real-life problems that causes.)

About 10 years ago, someone posted an intended-to-be-funny-but-wasn't "diet" that was attributed to CA. Some of it was silly, some of it was actually dangerous, most of it would be counter-productive if followed, and none of it came from us.

I don't know what is the craziest rumor, but there have been a bunch. Nearly all of the "mega" gyms have come under fire with rumors of one sort or another.

Last edited:
Back