Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Discussion in 'Allstar Cheerleading' started by BlueCat, May 12, 2011.

1. cheeryjust

cheeryjust I make my own voiceovers

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    cheeryjust
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    have you ever had any international coaches approach you to expand out of country?

2. BlueCat

BlueCat Roses are red, cats are blue National Champion

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    jodymelton
    I am a(n)...:
    Gym Owner
    Verified Member:
    Jody Melton
    Owner of Cheer Athletics
    We are fortunate in that requests are pretty constant, (some more serious than others). We have had to put off some pretty promising ones because we are still trying to ramp up our systems and infrastructure for all of that. Like most things in business, the details of that are much more challenging than they look like from the outside. For better or worse, going the official franchise route involves much more structure and process than just painting a new logo on the gym wall.

Yes, we have had requests for non-US based gyms, and we hope to do that in the future. We aren't quite ready for that quite yet.

3. cac4life

cac4life Cheer Stalker

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    Is the don't throw up, don't go up rule true. I doubt it cause that's crazy. what is the craziest rumor you have heard about ca? also, are all the gyms (different locations) d1?

4. BlueCat

BlueCat Roses are red, cats are blue National Champion

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    jodymelton
    I am a(n)...:
    Gym Owner
    Verified Member:
    Jody Melton
    Owner of Cheer Athletics
    Is that suggesting that we encourage bulimia to help with flying? That is absurd and untrue. Aside from all of the regular health and wellness reasons not to do that (and there are MANY), it wouldn't even work to improve your flying. Being fit and healthy is generally a benefit to athletes in all positions of a stunt, but being malnourished, weak, unhealthy, and underweight makes you less effective in a routine (not to mention all of the serious real-life problems that causes.)

About 10 years ago, someone posted an intended-to-be-funny-but-wasn't "diet" that was attributed to CA. Some of it was silly, some of it was actually dangerous, most of it would be counter-productive if followed, and none of it came from us.

I don't know what is the craziest rumor, but there have been a bunch. Nearly all of the "mega" gyms have come under fire with rumors of one sort or another.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  5. cac4life

cac4life Cheer Stalker

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    I saw the ca world's diet thingy. I figured the don't throw up don't go up rule was fake. A hater probably started that :)

6. Cheer Dad

Cheer Dad Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Or Susies mom hoping her darling daughter kept her spot in the air.

my CP is my favorite son.