All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Setting up a crowd-pleasing routine and setting up a high-scoring routine are NOT the same thing. Obviously, there is some overlap, but the judges are not watching for the same things that Suzy cheer fan is. I wish that the judging criteria was more in line with what the crowd wants to see, but until it is, you will see lots of people outraged/shocked at results. Worlds is not a popularity contest.

Do you think this is possible without adding more subjectivity, which many are trying to remove from scoring systems?

American Grand was great competition the first year we went. The next year, there were lots of problems that made us not want to return. What has been people's experience there the last few years?

It has been a better competition now that it has switched back to the MGM rather the few years it was at Planet Hollywood. With the economy the comp has gotten smaller but I havent heard any problems with it from last year!

My favorite were the old school rumors - CA homeschooling kids, making kids use the tanning bed, etc. At least the rumors now aren't too crazy.

It has been a better competition now that it has switched back to the MGM rather the few years it was at Planet Hollywood. With the economy the comp has gotten smaller but I havent heard any problems with it from last year!
I said the same thing in a pm but went a little more into detail :)

Well, Stingrays are East Coast....and I have always been amazed how LITTLE crowd support they get at Worlds. Big nationals, different story...but Worlds...it's almost like crickets. I will say, Spice got some love this year...but the other teams...not so much. I remember watching Orange last year, and literally, it was like crickets lol! I think it's just the way it goes sometimes! Shockingly though, it does not seem to affect CA's or Rays' performances....I mean, just look at the top 2 Worlds metal earners :)

I agree.... except think everyone was sorta sick of rays winning. Not to bash the team, but so was I. Their a great gym full of talent but they dont bring anything really unique to the mat

Judges don't tend to care about "unique". They care about what hits the scoresheet. And I didn't say I minded the quiet crowd. I simply was illustrating that Cheer Athletics and Rays both got the same treatment...and yet, they are the winningest programs in the industry.

We have not made competition plans for the new season, but there has been serious discussion about extending the "reach" of our teams - particularly those who do not have much local competition. Most of the divisions are deep at the Texas nationals, but at L4, 5, and 6, there are starting to be fewer and fewer teams to compete against. This may lead to them travelling more than they used to.

We would LOVE to go to CheerSport at some point. We also loved when we competed in Vegas and Anaheim a few years back.

I don't see a scenario where we would go to anything at Disney World. It is bad enough that Worlds is there without going there voluntarily for another event.

:cheerathletics: :cheerathletics: :cheerathletics: Atlanta.....Oh' YEAH !!!!!

Alright then...craziest rumor you ever heard about CA? From how practices are run, coaching philosophy, diet control..what would be the most ridiculous? I'm actually very curious..I'm sure you've heard some whack ones..

The craziest one I've heard as an athlete, is the "your just a number" but taken to the extreme, I had people tell me they heard that we had to wear numbers at CA all year long, every practice bc there are so many athletes the coaches didn't bother learning your name. Which is obviously, not true.

Back