All-Star Cheer Champs Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Never heard of them, sorry

I saw my old high school went this passed season and won (uncontested) so the got their very own tiaras to wear! Oh boy! I believe this upcoming season will only be their second year in business(?) and their previous comp seemed very small and more school/rec heavy. I'm not sure any all star teams were in attendance.

Their website is sickeningly princess-y for me, but I looked around. Their registration is extremely cheap but majority of their venues are high school gyms. I'll give them points for trying to spruce up the rinky-dink local comp vibes, but you get what you pay for.

I haven't personally been, so I can't comment on much else, sorry.

@SLM might be chartering new territory with attending this event

**Slip n Slide. Official sponsor of Worlds 2016**

@Cheer Dad Thanks for tagging people. Yeah we might be. It would be an hour to hour and a half drive for us though so wanted to see if it was worth it. The super low registration price is what caught my eye. I don't want to haul everyone that far for just a HS gym with a backdrop though.

I noticed right after I asked they (the EP) posted about their comps in like 3 different threads.

@Cheer Dad Thanks for tagging people. Yeah we might be. It would be an hour to hour and a half drive for us though so wanted to see if it was worth it. The super low registration price is what caught my eye. I don't want to haul everyone that far for just a HS gym with a backdrop though.

I noticed right after I asked they (the EP) posted about their comps in like 3 different threads.
Can I ask why, though? I get that there is a stigma surrounding low production events, but it confuses me that people will put their noses up at lost cost events and in the next breath complain about the high cost of cheer. (not directed just at you!). Maybe I've reached jaded cheer mom status, but if the competition is well run and the judging is good I'm all for an occasional low budget event if it means that my kid hits the mat more often!

Can I ask why, though? I get that there is a stigma surrounding low production events, but it confuses me that people will put their noses up at lost cost events and in the next breath complain about the high cost of cheer. (not directed just at you!). Maybe I've reached jaded cheer mom status, but if the competition is well run and the judging is good I'm all for an occasional low budget event if it means that my kid hits the mat more often!

It's not that, it's that we already do mostly low cost local events. I don't want to make my parents drive that far for a backdrop only. I was hoping for a step up from our usual local no backdrop HS gym, but still not as big as, or as expensive as a regular full production comp.

If it's a well run event with good unbiased judging, and also has a bit more "flash", then asking my parents to drive is worth it. But I was hoping for some feedback from others who could speak to how it was run, etc before taking the shot on a new comp.

I would love to find some more what I'll call middle of the road competitions, not as big as a Jam or Encore,etc but a step up from H.S. gym. Not a huge jump even, but a little "more" if you know what I mean.

Back