All-Star Cheer Extreme Fulls

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 15, 2009
How does a gym like Cheer Extreme teach fulls so quickly and effectively? It seems that kids just jump from level 2 or 3 to level 5 and acquire fulls fast... Any tips and tricks for teaching them at that break-neck speed?

How does a gym like Cheer Extreme teach fulls so quickly and effectively? It seems that kids just jump from level 2 or 3 to level 5 and acquire fulls fast... Any tips and tricks for teaching them at that break-neck speed?

I'm sure CEA has an outstanding coaching staff for tumbling. More than that, though, I think at a gym like Cheer Extreme (and any other well-know, established all-star gym) it is less that they are teaching fulls "quickly" and more that they have built a high standard and strong program over time. Cheerleaders (and I'm sure parents of cheerleaders) that sign up to cheer for CEA know that if they ever want to reach their ultimate goal of a level 5 team, their tumbling needs to be on par. So, they start young, train hard, and are self-motivating. Courtney and the owners of other prestigious gyms have built their programs so high that they are now getting the best of the best in the first place, and then making them even better.

its everything. the kids are motivated and ALWAYS at open gyms, the coaches live down the road and are at the gym all the time. parents are not involved so there isnt the pressure from the mom on the sideline. overall, the stuff you see at cea blows your mind, i wish more people could see this kind of family atmosphere (not that its better or anything than other gyms) but its just so warming and such, like how close and passionate the coaches are, i dont see that much other places, at least at that level. i love cea.

I also think the way they put together the teams makes a huge difference in motivating kids. A team with 2/3 skill requirements and 1/3 who aren't quite there but the staff feels like with a little motivation (being on a team with kids who have it) that they will attain the new skill in the course of a season or 2 definitely works. It's a positive way to motivate a core group of kids...at least in my opinion it is.

I also think just the sheer number of children/athletes that are part of a mega program like CEA, CA, ACE etc... you will have a bigger pool of talent to work with. A gym with only 50 kids will have small percent of children with potential but think how much more talent potential you would have with 500 athletes in a talent pool. I am not explaining this well but I hope someone is getting the gist of what I am saying.

Tumbling at CEA was fun and I would recommend it again and again!
You build a relationship with your coaches fast and you are put into groups where you can focus on your skill, etc. They make you spend half of the class stretching and warming up and running skills.
I/Others in my class have never been brought down (except for very obvious jokes) so even if you what you threw was horrendous, they just tell you on what you need to fix.
The coaching is just excellent!

I also think just the sheer number of children/athletes that are part of a mega program like CEA, CA, ACE etc... you will have a bigger pool of talent to work with. A gym with only 50 kids will have small percent of children with potential but think how much more talent potential you would have with 500 athletes in a talent pool. I am not explaining this well but I hope someone is getting the gist of what I am saying.

I see what you're saying...yes, there is a bigger talent pool at work now a days. But that wasn't always the case for us, or any "big" program. The dedication, vision and work ethic of the staff at these "big" gyms is what has allowed them to get to a place in their career's that they have a talent pool to work with.

I see what you're saying...yes, there is a bigger talent pool at work now a days. But that wasn't always the case for us, or any "big" program. The dedication, vision and work ethic of the staff at these "big" gyms is what has allowed them to get to a place in their career's that they have a talent pool to work with.
I totally agree and get it. This is a little bit like the moms who sat and watched there own 5 year old daughters in a gymnastics rec class 1 x a week and then would ask me how my 5 year old was so good. The answer was easy...she was pulled from a rec class for being flexible and strong and put on a training squad. She was going to the gym 3 X a week for 2 hours. She may have had a little natural talent but it was really the hours and attention she was getting that made her good.

So, I absolutely understand what you are saying. It is the integrity of a program but it also the talent pool. Having a large pool of beginner kids with natural talent to pull from is definitely an advantage.

The original poster asked how is it they go from level 2 to fulls at break neck speed and my answer is CEA is good in fact very good! They pull the kids with natural ability and foster their talent and feed them into the right classes. Not all children are going to go from level 2 to a full quickly...just the ones with a natural aptitude that CEA has the experience to recognize. So LARGER the gym the more talent you have to pull from. That is all I am saying.

Okay cheercurl.........now I get it. I never said I was smart. (Wink) LMAO
I was just scared people were going to start messaging me because they thought I was bashing CEA. Let me make it perfectly clear I LOVE CEA and have nothing but respect for Courtney and the entire CEA organization. :)

Back