All-Star Cheer Gyms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Our gym doesn't have across the board rules for everyone either. This makes me wonder, does any gym? I'm not sure of the exact situation at your gym, but I have learned to take a step back and realize the rules are often bent for reasons beyond a parents knowledge. For example, the level 2 tumbler is a an extremely strong base and the level 3 team is in need of a base. To the rest of us it seems unfair to move up the level 2 tumbler until we understand why. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and ask coaches what the heck is going on and why are the rules bent for some but not all.

As far as the other gym, can you find some people who currently go there and ask them their thoughts? That way you could at least hear the positive side and see if there is enough there to switch.

My gym I was last at (took a year off) was definitely across the board everything was fair when awards where given the coaches though of awards for each individual and how they improved through the season also we did good at competitions always in the Top 3 there are Fair non sketchy gyms out there But there isn't many

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I probably still watch this routine at least once a month

double post but this was my first year at the gym! I looked up to these kids when I started there. I would say though that this was probably the last season before it headed downhill a bit. Still love the owners, but not the same as it used to be that is for sure.

I was asking for clarification of what was said, not whether it happened, and after seeing your response:

exactly what @retiredl5cheer said. If you didn't hear it, and you don't have a reliable account of exactly what was said or how it happened, then you really don't know WHAT went on. You NEED to talk to the adults involved before jumping to conclusions.

Exactly. Were you in the gym with your daughter for the tryout, or were you separated from her and in the waiting room? If you were in the waiting room and haven't spoken to the coaches then you don't know what truly happened. You need to speak to them to know what happened.

Back