All-Star Cheer Hair Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Giggling because, DH makes comments about how the kitchen never gets used since cheer came into our lives. I'm tempted to go buy some fake hair and stick it on the stove just to see his reaction.:cool:

You're like the hair extension whisperer! I must admit, during my first attempt I had your "online voice" in my head as I was watching the tutorials you posted. Let's just say my attempts were a hot mess and I had to take the thing apart and need to start again.

The method @ErinS posted is the method I use, just with different products. It's seems harder in writing then it really is. My cp started boiling hair when she was 15 years old and compared to her cousins, she had a late start because I was a little overprotective!

Boiling hair can do a few things: turn straight hair curl (and vice verse), untangle hair, undull hair, give it body and make it not look dry anymore and takes away all the build up from the products used in the hair.
What does boiling the hair do to it vs shampooing it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might as well pass on a little tip: if your hair doesn't hold teasing very well and your poof doesn't work, try sprinkling 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of cornstarch at the area you're teasing. Rub it in so you can't see the white anymore and then tease. I have the texturizing products made by Osis and Big Sexy Hair, but cornstarch is soooo much cheaper (you probably already have it in your kitchen) and works just as well. My only suggestion would be to do it over a sink before you get dressed as the powder is quite fine and can make a bit of a mess
OOOH LOVE THIS! Thank you! My CPs friends always have the teasing powder and fix her all up at the competitions (after I FAIL MISERABLY at home). Plus I'm cheap and I don't feel like getting the teasing powder. lol I have put it off FOREVER. Trying this!

I thought about this thread as I was putting CP's pinups away this weekend and thought I would come back here and report on how we are doing with it. I sent it in to be washed and re teased at the end of last season, and it came back great. We used in all season, just doing a little touching up here and there. I re teased a little underneath and smoothed the top then resprayed, maybe 5 min tops each time she wore it. After this weekend's event, which ended our season, I used some of the tips on here to wash and condition it to store for next year. Ends were getting a little dry and dull so it needed some TLC. It came out really well. Here is what I did:
Carefully brushed out the tease, starting from the bottom and using a wet brush ( best detangling brush ever!) I really had to be careful here so I didn't loose too much hair. Slow and steady starting from the ends was best.
I rinsed it several times in just clean water to get all the product out (it took 3 rinses to get rid of the gummy hair spray feeling)
Washed with our normal shampoo
Squeezed as much water out as possible
Applied a GENEROUS amount of a mixture of our regular conditioner and a deep conditioning treatment
I wasn't sure about boiling so I let it sit in the conditioner for a couple of hours
Rinsed, rolled in a towel, air dried over night
I applied a little of an anti fizz serum with argan oil in it
flat ironed
stored away for next year
It really bounced back nice and shiny. I will tease it at the beginning of next season.

Back