All-Star Cheer Hangover Remedies

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

MzLyn23

Cheer Parent
Sep 16, 2014
And so ''Tis the season that cheerleading comps begin full force.... and yes I know some have begun since October and some won't begin until December etc but loving to hear some cheer hangover remedies from parents.

First comp was yesterday and today I woke up feeling like like I went clubbing the night before lol... aww I had missed this feeling having been in withdrawals for 6 months now lmao!!

So what have some parents tried to do to feel "normal" on Monday mornings or at least semi normal?? (I usually have tea with lemon and honey for the sore throat - I swear it's like getting sick but without the cold - but today opted for a pumpkin spice latte for the chilly weather)...

Ok parents.... throw ur remedies out there for the cheer world!!! And go......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I try to drink lot of water during the day of a comp. Being dehydrated makes everything worse.

I have to say that EP's who schedule awards at 9 pm on a Sunday when people have to be at work/school the next day really contribute to the cheer hangover IMO.

Best cure is prevention! Lots of water during comps, no soda or sugar. Earplugs to prevent noise fatigue. If nothing else is achievable, earplugs will make a huge difference.

I made up my own medical term for it, "Visual and Auditory Chaos Concussion." Ear plugs and breaks from the auditorium were the only thing that helped me out. The good news is most comps don't use strobe lights anymore.

I think the worst part is the sleep deprivation. Either you're too stressed or too excited to sleep, your schedule has you up at 5:00 am to start working on hair, or there were kids running around screaming in the halls of your hotel all night. For me, if I could get better sleep that would be a huge hangover prevention.

Go outside and take a walk. /QUOTE]

I did that in Providence this year....and that is how I ended up in the back of an ambulance headed to an ER lol! Still can't believe I fell and slice my hand open. I never should be left unsupervised ;)

I wasn't to prevent a cheer hangover from Sunday's comp. I was so exhausted last night that laid down "for a minute" at 630 last night and didn't move until 6am this morning. DH and the kids had to fend for themselves for dinner and anything else they needed last night.

Just wanted to say thank you for all the cheer hangover remedies. I used them this past weekend and all I can say is....WOW! It made such a huge difference! Thanks SO very much!!!!

I just saw on Facebook that someone posted taking a hot toddy for the sore throat the inevitably occurs by screaming so much at the comps. I have only taken hot toddys for bad colds or flu, never thought about for the laryngitis and sore throat you get at cheer comps????

Back