All-Star Cheer Hangover Remedies

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I just saw on Facebook that someone posted taking a hot toddy for the sore throat the inevitably occurs by screaming so much at the comps. I have only taken hot toddys for bad colds or flu, never thought about for the laryngitis and sore throat you get at cheer comps????
I had the best hot toddy recently- warm spiced apple cider, whiskey, honey, lemon juice... it got me toasty and feeling amazing. I highly recommend it just because it's delicious. I'm sure it has curative properties as well because nothing that good can be that bad for you.

We left the venue both days for lunch at our last 2 day comp and it made a huge difference in the way we felt at the competition and the following day. A healthy lunch, fresh air, and a break from the music & lights seemed to help reset the body to handle everything better.

I had the best hot toddy recently- warm spiced apple cider, whiskey, honey, lemon juice... it got me toasty and feeling amazing. I highly recommend it just because it's delicious. I'm sure it has curative properties as well because nothing that good can be that bad for you.

Lol, my "non-drinking" grandma used to soak lemon wedges in whiskey and if anyone complained of the slightest sore throat, cold or laryngitis she grab a whiskey filled lemon wedge, put some honey on it and make you suck on it for 10 minutes (I can remember doing this as early as 6 y/o). Her whiskey/lemon hermetic glass jar with the masking tape label "FOR COLDS ONLY" was the most sought after item when she died.

Lol, my "non-drinking" grandma used to soak lemon wedges in whiskey and if anyone complained of the slightest sore throat, cold or laryngitis she grab a whiskey filled lemon wedge, put some honey on it and make you suck on it for 10 minutes (I can remember doing this as early as 6 y/o). Her whiskey/lemon hermetic glass jar with the masking tape label "FOR COLDS ONLY" was the most sought after item when she died.

Did she keep this refrigerated? I may have to try.

Did she keep this refrigerated? I may have to try.

No, those honey covered lemon shooters were rotated fairly often (grandma told everyone she and granddad were non-drinking, but um no) . Several of her kids tried to recreate the jar to see how long the lemons would last, but said at best, they would last a few days before getting too mushy. According to my mom, back in the day, many "non-drinking" people in the bible belt had a "FOR COLDS ONLY" jar. In grandma and granddad's defense they actually used their honey covered lemon shooters for colds too, and they seemed to help.

Back