Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

S

sborgmier

Read Full Article...

“Finish Strong!”
“Go all out!”
“Focus up and hit it!”
We hear these phrases in almost every practice, every game, and every competition from our coaches. We hear them so much that they have almost become cliche. But what many people and cheerleaders don’t realize is how helpful those statements from your coaches are outside of the cheer world.
Yes, your coach is preparing you for the game on Friday night or the Competition on Sunday afternoon but they are also preparing you for life. Sometimes without realizing it, your coaches are giving you the best and most valued life lessons you will need to succeed in this world. Other times they are teaching from their own life experiences to make you a better cheerleader and a better person.
While you may have an excuse that you are sore or you are tired from studying the previous night into the wee hours of the morning, your coach is pushing you to be your best. Not to be mean, but rather to put you outside your comfort zone to open your eyes to what is possible for yourself. You may be at a practice, struggling with a stunt your group can’t seem to master, but your coach keeps pushing you to try again and be successful. They aren’t doing this to punish you, they know that your group can come together and hit the skill, but to get it done it will take teamwork, determination, and focus. All of which are great attributes of hard working and successful people.
Your coach wants to see you be successful in and out of cheerleading, so that one day when you are working a job or doing a project in college, you will have the skill and work ethic to complete the task at hand. You may not realize it at the time, but someday you will look back and realize just how helpful your coach was and how beneficial cheerleading has been to your life.
I know that my own coaches have made a difference in my life in and out of cheerleading, and for that I am thankful.
-Scott Borgmier
The post Cheer in Real Life appeared first on .

Back