Cheer Is Not Popular Here!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Liston

Cheer Parent
Dec 27, 2016
So I have been in an area that seriously devalues cheerleading. Most kids dance, do show choir or play sports. I coached a high school team 10 years ago and am now coaching a small youth private school team. I have dreamed of owning my own gym since I was 13 years old. I'm 35 and I am going to do it! Has anyone else dealt with this kind of attitude? The high school teams don't even have cheerleading anymore! The team I coached did the Alligator cheer and recently we saw a team of middle school kids do bang bang choo choo train and a kick line. My cp's uni is from 1982. That is not a joke. Has anyone overcome this kind of issue?

Are there any rec programs around like pop Warner or AYC that you could potentially draw some kids in from?

**Happy New Year everyone**

So I have been in an area that seriously devalues cheerleading. Most kids dance, do show choir or play sports. I coached a high school team 10 years ago and am now coaching a small youth private school team. I have dreamed of owning my own gym since I was 13 years old. I'm 35 and I am going to do it! Has anyone else dealt with this kind of attitude? The high school teams don't even have cheerleading anymore! The team I coached did the Alligator cheer and recently we saw a team of middle school kids do bang bang choo choo train and a kick line. My cp's uni is from 1982. That is not a joke. Has anyone overcome this kind of issue?
Yikes! Post in the High School Forum if you can.

Have you tried having your HS team perform for the middle school to get more kids interested?

Are there any rec programs around like pop Warner or AYC that you could potentially draw some kids in from?

My goodness, I wish! There really is nothing! I have a meeting tomorrow morning with the University coach to discuss starting rec classes and all star. I'm telling yall, it was like the Twilight Zone when I moved here from Georgia. I cheered under Jaimie Parrish and the GA Allstars ando these girls are 16 and doiNguyen bang bang choo choo train! At this point, it's kind of up to me to get something going, which is exciting and overwhelming!

Yikes! Post in the High School Forum if you can.

Have you tried having your HS team perform for the middle school to get more kids interested?
I'm actually not coaching my HS team at the moment, just the youth team. I replied to cheer dad also, but it was also a reply back to you!

My goodness, I wish! There really is nothing! I have a meeting tomorrow morning with the University coach to discuss starting rec classes and all star. I'm telling yall, it was like the Twilight Zone when I moved here from Georgia. I cheered under Jaimie Parrish and the GA Allstars ando these girls are 16 and doiNguyen bang bang choo choo train! At this point, it's kind of up to me to get something going, which is exciting and overwhelming!
I can't imagine how much of a downgrade that must be. I would go nuts. But I think you can make it work.

Wow. There are some people on here that could help offer some good advice on what you are looking to do.

Meeting with the local university coach is a great start.

Back