Music Cheer Mix Using Audacity

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 9, 2013
I am having such a hard time trying to find people who can give me good advice on how to use Audacity to create a cheer mix. I've looked online and nothing is specific enough. I want to be able to add songs and effects but I really can't figure out audacity at all. Any help or advice? :( I can't buy new software yet, either.

If I were to ask, I would recommend you to switch on different software. For me, audacity isnt a great software to make cheer mixes. Sometimes, it distorts some of the original track when trying to adjust the tempo. try using acid pro 7, or maybe yet Adobe audition 5. This way easier than acid pro 7. and after you get to understand the concept of it, try to use acid pro 7, I believe it has the same tools. Its just that, it is way more advance than audition. I hope this helps :)

I am having such a hard time trying to find people who can give me good advice on how to use Audacity to create a cheer mix. I've looked online and nothing is specific enough. I want to be able to add songs and effects but I really can't figure out audacity at all. Any help or advice? :( I can't buy new software yet, either.
Sony ACID Music Studio is only $60, its what i use...its not hard to learn, its cheap but gets the job done and it'll make mixing ALOT easier than using audacity.
ALL the mixes i make were with Sony Acid Music Studio

I wouldn't recommend ACID Pro 7 to begin with, plus its $150

Last edited:
If I were to ask, I would recommend you to switch on different software. For me, audacity isnt a great software to make cheer mixes. Sometimes, it distorts some of the original track when trying to adjust the tempo. try using acid pro 7, or maybe yet Adobe audition 5. This way easier than acid pro 7. and after you get to understand the concept of it, try to use acid pro 7, I believe it has the same tools. Its just that, it is way more advance than audition. I hope this helps :)
Thank you soo much! I'm saving up money to buy new software since everyone said audacity was not the best to use. Blessings!! :)

Sony ACID Music Studio is only $60, its what i use...its not hard to learn, its cheap but gets the job done and it'll make mixing ALOT easier than using audacity.
ALL the mixes i make were with Sony Acid Music Studio

I wouldn't recommend ACID Pro 7 to begin with, plus its $150
Thank you! I figured audacity probs wouldn't work since its was free haha

Right now the most ideal software for mixing is either going to be Acid (either Music Studio or Acid Pro 7) or Ableton. These offer you plenty of flexibility, minimal restrictions and better output quality. Audacity is a free entry level software and needs to be treated as such. Great platform to toy around with and learn some general things, but I wouldn't use it for actual customers.

Ableton is gaining popularity in our industry and with Kyle Blitch starting to offer classes and tutorials it could potentially replace Acid because of it's super simple plugin integration and premier mixdown sound quality.

hope it helps

Right now the most ideal software for mixing is either going to be Acid (either Music Studio or Acid Pro 7) or Ableton. These offer you plenty of flexibility, minimal restrictions and better output quality. Audacity is a free entry level software and needs to be treated as such. Great platform to toy around with and learn some general things, but I wouldn't use it for actual customers.

Ableton is gaining popularity in our industry and with Kyle Blitch starting to offer classes and tutorials it could potentially replace Acid because of it's super simple plugin integration and premier mixdown sound quality.

hope it helps

It's much easier I've been using it for 4 years, my classes will be during off time and in Mexico so it should be fun lol

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Reactions: Lee
I use audacity to mix, however I also edit films so audacity is a lot like film editing. I would recommend Acid for someone who is still trying to learn how to edit music, it would be MUCH easier.

If you are stuck using audacity you need to "add new stereo track" and then you can overlay your voice overs or sound effects that way... then export as an AIFF file which will take your multi track mix and make it stereo. If you have specific questions you can ask me and I will try to help.

Ableton will eventually take over in my opinion I went to school for audio engineering and it is by far my favorite program, Kyle and possibly 2 other people besides myself use it!

Back