High School Cheer Moms And Dads??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 28, 2011
This was a thread on the AllStar thread. So are cheer moms and dads just as crazy as they are in the AllStar division??

worse... just in my personal experience. I actually posted about mine in that other thread. I have had some crazies in my day, luckily the team I have now has none... yet!

ronnoc0522 said:
This was a thread on the AllStar thread. So are cheer moms and dads just as crazy as they are in the AllStar division??

I've coached both all-stars and high school, and know of both amazing and loony parents in both. All-star tends to be a little more over-the-top, I think because of the "it's a business, and I'm a paying customer soooo it should be my way" mentality, but I did have a parent verbally attack me at high school tryouts because I wouldn't let her daughter on the team...because she had come to practice high. Nice.

I've also worked with incredible parents who were supportive and helpful, not only of their own children, but of the team and the program in general. Hats off to you moms and dads that support the team at games and competitions, help organize banquets, take pictures for the team, and curl hair for hours. It is appreciated!

I don't think cheer parents are as "cheery" for high school cheer. When I compare the moms at my old all star gym comapred to the moms at my high school..a.ctually you can't even compare them. Our team moms always made us bows and special cards. At my high school they just come to the competitions, actually a lot don't because we have buses brings us to the competitions.

We have a crazy stalker cheer mom, she is constantly taking pictures of everything, like
My frahman year at nationals she took a picture of me right whn I woke up and went to get food from another roo
And turbans posted it on facebook.

Back