All-Star Cheer Perfection- New Tlc Special About Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I can't find anything....

If it makes you feel any better, the little girl at the beginning of the video is her daughter Cambree. She has three daughters and the oldest, Cassadee, they mention tumbling later in the video. I know in my experience the coach's kids always got it worse than everyone else but that still doesn't making yelling like that right. Just letting you know!

At the end, when she was grabbing the girls arm that was about to tumble, I thought that it was very sweet. She wasn't being malicious, she was being encouraging.

Also, when she called the girl "dingbat" or whatever, I think that was another endearing thing that was edited to look rude and hurtful.

In other words, I don't think the problem is the gym, I think its the editing team/TLC.

If it makes you feel any better, the little girl at the beginning of the video is her daughter Cambree. She has three daughters and the oldest, Cassadee, they mention tumbling later in the video. I know in my experience the coach's kids always got it worse than everyone else but that still doesn't making yelling like that right. Just letting you know!
That is so true! At the first gym we went to, the owner/coach was horrid to her own daughter. Who was about the same age at the time as that little girl seemed to be. I used to feel so bad for her.

Also, when she called the girl "dingbat" or whatever, I think that was another endearing thing that was edited to look rude and hurtful.

I agree... I kind of cringed when I saw that because I had a feeling that was more than likely just her playfully teasing. I could imagine my own coaches from when I was younger doing that and me not minding it/feeling hurt at all by it, but in this case it was edited to make her look mean.

Editing can make them look however they want them to. If TLC wanted to show cheerleading as a demanding but rewarding sport, then they could edit it as such. Instead, they want it to look outrageous and out of control like Toddlers&Tiaras..... Example: On Toddlers when someone gets locked out of their hotel room because the key doesn't work, its not truly that big of a deal. All they have to do is go down to the lobby and get it fixed. On the show they edit it to look like everyone is freaking out and the world is going to end because of this minor set back.:rolleyes:

it may sound weird but i didn't find it that horrible actually... i mean of course they show all this yelling and pushing around etc, but on the other hand they show some real tumbling,stunting etc.... it's not just unrealistic like some other well-discussed show ... I would never yell at my athletes like that but as some other people already mentioned, it also has a lot to do with editing how it comes across to the viewer...
I also honestly think that no well known team would even consider doing a show like this , i mean think of all the stuff filming a reality show brings with it: cameras in the gym all the time, people who don't belong on your mat,scripted drama etc... too much publicity can also ruin what you originally wanted to do: work on your stuff and win worlds.

I lied - I am saying something else before I watch it. Editing can only portray you in a certain light if you are exhibiting those characteristics to begin with. Whenever someone is portrayed as a horrible, mean person on reality tv it's immediately blamed on the editing. There has to be some truth behind it to begin with. This is not taking anything away from her as a coach (until I view the special; I still reserve that right) but reality tv is always going to focus on the controversial behaviors rather than the status quo.

I'm so disappointed in this portrayal of the sport. I couldn't get enough of Cheer Nation and Cheer U when it was on...they really need to do an All Star series like that. I won't watch this...or Secret Life of an American Cheerleader. It's meant to exploit the sport, not showcase it. :(

IDK if this has been said or anything yet, buuuut...

As an ex-pageant kid who personally knows this woman... WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Also, the tiny blonde one that she is bully-ing is her other daughter.

Back