Cheer Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

When people are passing around a trophy taking pictures of each other with it & taking selfies with it before awards are over... I find it to be so disrespectful

When people say that tall girls can't fly which is totally untrue and when they decide to fly short chubby girls instead of taller leaner more muscular girls.

When people say that tall girls can't fly which is totally untrue and when they decide to fly short chubby girls instead of taller leaner more muscular girls.

People say this cause it's unrealistic unless her bases where or are just as tall as her or all male. I am a short as (main) base and basing tall, lean and muscular girls is a real struggle for me as I tend to get pushed out.

It doesn't matter height or weight wise, it matters how you hold your weight in the stunt. The shorter, more muscular girl could hold her weight better than the tall girl, vise versa. Realistically, the taller girl could even weigh more than or equal to the "chubby" short girl. 110 pounds looks a lot different on someone who is 4'11 than on someone who is 5'8. Just sayin'. I take offense to this since I have flown (basically) my entire life and I may be considered "chubby" when in reality I could weigh less than the person who is calling me chubby, or even the same.

People say this cause it's unrealistic unless her bases where or are just as tall as her or all male. I am a short as (main) base and basing tall, lean and muscular girls is a real struggle for me as I tend to get pushed out.

Untrue. I'm 5'8" and 115 pounds (however I was closer to 105/110 pounds and 5'6" when I was still cheering) and I flew in college (coed and all girl) as well as on levels 4/5 for all star when I was in high school. My secondary base my senior year was 5'0 and weighed 100 pounds. My main base was 5'4 and a female. My backspot was a boy, and he was 5'6. I had the most solid stunt on the team. Tall girls CAN fly on short bases. The only time I've ever had bases taller than me was when I was 14/15 before I hit my growth spurt and when I play around with other coaches at the gym. When I cheered my bases were ALWAYS shorter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a flyer that was about 5'9 and her bases were no more than 5'2 she would literally walk out of the stunt when she fell lol.

I didn't mean to offend anybody I'm just saying I've had experiences where the shorter chubbier girl has been a worse flyer than a taller girl on the team. I'm not saying all short flyers are bad at all.

I'm sorry if what I said offended anybody but when a coach's excuse is "She's shorter." I think that is stupid. I'm not saying all short girls are chubby. There are amazing short flyers who are chubby and amazing flyers who are short and skinny. I'm just basing it off personal experiences and I didn't mean to offend anybody and if I did I am sorry.

People who save seats at competitions and don't sit there all day.
When the bass on the music is SO LOUD that you literally have your ears ringing for a week after.
Small competitions that have 5 minute breaks between every 2-3 teams making the event about 1-2 hours longer than it has to be.
When one gym has 2/3's of the total teams at a small comp and wins everything and anything and then brags about it everywhere like they won the Summit when in reality it was like a showcase with medals and banners.
Unsupportive-of-one-another local gyms.
Competing before 8 AM in the morning.
Coaches who say that competitions are rigged when they lose a competition. (aka poor sportsmanship)
Competitions where the warm up area in the back has a less bouncy floor than the performance floor.
Drama queen cliquey cheer parents who act like the freaking Mean Girls.

Yeah that about covers it.

Latest posts

Back