All-Star Cheer Power 2012 World Bid

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yes but didn't they have stunts fall both days as did 5 alarm, but 5 alarms stunts were harder also 5 alarm has way more tumbling.

I'm not saying they didn't deserve the bid, because they did. They are a VERY nice group of girls.

I'm just saying that they were clearly out matched by 5 alarm from what I saw. That is only MY OPINION.

execution execution execution. i watched 5 alarm live, and even when they did express up libs, they all were holding the lib differently!! simple things like that make a big impact on judges. and bent legs in doubles are not pretty either.

I feel bad for BCE. I really and truly thought they had earned the full paid. Superstars are good and exciting to watch but BCE was better. I guess the judges didn't agree with me. Lol

My opinion about this competition this year (compared to when I competed there a few years ago).. this competition was HUGE this year compared to the previous ones, probably due to the fact that they were offering Worlds bids.

I think it's great to see this competition grow as it's always been a fun and pretty fair competition. I mean, we bombed in 2007 and got 4th place (this was the year the power went out in the convention center on day 1 and most teams only competed once on Sunday, anyone else remember this? LOL) and in 2008, we moved from 3rd to 1st and the only difference I remember was we dropped a stunt on day 1 and didn't on day 2, so place changes all around, even with small things, are highly probable anyway with 25/75 split.

Although I don't agree with all of the placements, I think everyone did their best and tried their hardest and the bids went to well deserving teams that have greatly improved all season. It will be great to see all these teams go head to head in Orlando and I wish everyone the best of luck! :)

execution execution execution. i watched 5 alarm live, and even when they did express up libs, they all were holding the lib differently!! simple things like that make a big impact on judges. and bent legs in doubles are not pretty either.
im going to have to disagree with the bent legs comment. any video i've ever seen of 5 alarm the doubles have always been executed with good form.

My opinion about this competition this year (compared to when I competed there a few years ago).. this competition was HUGE this year compared to the previous ones, probably due to the fact that they were offering Worlds bids.

I think it's great to see this competition grow as it's always been a fun and pretty fair competition. I mean, we bombed in 2007 and got 4th place (this was the year the power went out in the convention center on day 1 and most teams only competed once on Sunday, anyone else remember this? LOL) and in 2008, we moved from 3rd to 1st and the only difference I remember was we dropped a stunt on day 1 and didn't on day 2, so place changes all around, even with small things, are highly probable anyway with 25/75 split.

Although I don't agree with all of the placements, I think everyone did their best and tried their hardest and the bids went to well deserving teams that have greatly improved all season. It will be great to see all these teams go head to head in Orlando and I wish everyone the best of luck! :)

Very well put xo sarah GREAT POST!!! , and I also remember the year the power went out!!!!

Very well put xo sarah GREAT POST!!! , and I also remember the year the power went out!!!!
LOL that year was ridiculous.. I think we sat around for about 4 hours or so before Cheer Power decided everyone would just compete once on Sunday :rolleyes:

Is it true that none of the coaches got the scores sheets at the end of the comp and they will be sent to them? That's what someone mentioned to me and i find that very odd.
that is true. and it's really interesting that an ep would do that.. i've never heard of that being done anywhere before...

It could have something to do with BCE having restricted level tumbling. I was actually shocked that they scored as high as they did on day one. But that's varsity scoring for you. I am partial to Jam Brands scoring as it rewards teams for the difficulty they've busted their butts to get. All in all I thought they got it right where the bids are concerned.

It all comes back to the argument about tumbling. What should score higher? The standing full that is so bent and low that it's scary or the perfectly executed full? I think if tumbling execution deductions were given, the outcome would have been different. I hate that gyms throw poorly executed, difficult
Skills in the routines then get rewarded for them.

It could have something to do with BCE having restricted level tumbling. I was actually shocked that they scored as high as they did on day one. But that's varsity scoring for you. I am partial to Jam Brands scoring as it rewards teams for the difficulty they've busted their butts to get. All in all I thought they got it right where the bids are concerned.
i do not agree with this. but okay.

For those teams who are just now getting at large bids, have they been saving money thinking they will get an at large bid or do they have to just magically find this money now that they have one? It sounds crazy to get an at large bid a month before worlds and have to pay all of that so quickly.

For those teams who are just now getting at large bids, have they been saving money thinking they will get an at large bid or do they have to just magically find this money now that they have one? It sounds crazy to get an at large bid a month before worlds and have to pay all of that so quickly.

I know that at least one of the teams that received an at large this weekend was told to make reservations awhile ago. Not sure what their plans were if they didn't get it though!

Back