All-Star Cheer Power 2012 World Bid

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Unfortunately, there are so many teams in the Small Senior and Small Coed divisions that they must compete in prelims early Friday morning. It used to be that the top half moved on to Saturday. Now it's only the top 10 will move on (in Coed's case, more than 40 teams). So if a team doesn't make it to Saturday, they are "stuck" there (granted, Disney isn't the worst place they could be) until Monday morning and we have still paid all that money. I agree with you that giving out lots of bids gives more teams the opportunity to compete at Worlds...I just wish it wasn't so expensive to have the "opportunity."
I actually think its a good idea...the small senior was such a long day the last couple of years. It is a very expensive weekend without a paid bid...I have done it both ways...but every team that goes for a bid knows this up front. Our teams knew last May that they would go to Worlds with or without a paid bid. I know there a parents that are unhappy about going but I also know some cheerleaders who are seeing their dream come true, even if its one performance on Friday!

My daughter's team beat both teams that now have paid bids, but it just wasn't their weekend. We took the loss as our loss, not as we were cheated out of a paid bid. We knew we didn't compete to the caliber of a world's paid bid team and we didn't earn our bid when it really counted. We are thankful we are going to Worlds on an at large bid, not happy about having to compete on Friday, but we determined our own fate and we will accept it with the knowledge that we weren't able to step it when it really counted. Good luck to all the teams competing at worlds, whether there on an at large bid or some sort of paid bid!!

Agreed! While it appears that we missed a paid bid by tenths of a point, we know that we were in control of our own destiny and did not perform up to our level of capabilities. As heartbreaking as it is our kids are excited to least have the opportunity (thanks to an at-large) to show the cheer world that they are more than what they have shown so far this season. They are working hard and will hopefully finally reach their peak potential when it counts the most.

[quote="4gemsmom, post: 547092, member: 415"I know there a parents that are unhappy about going but I also know some cheerleaders who are seeing their dream come true, even if its one performance on Friday![/quote]

And I have to tell you that really irritates me. :(

[quote="4gemsmom, post: 547092, member: 415"I know there a parents that are unhappy about going but I also know some cheerleaders who are seeing their dream come true, even if its one performance on Friday!

And I have to tell you that really irritates me. :([/quote]

Which part irritates you?

My daughter's team beat both teams that now have paid bids, but it just wasn't their weekend. We took the loss as our loss, not as we were cheated out of a paid bid. We knew we didn't compete to the caliber of a world's paid bid team and we didn't earn our bid when it really counted. We are thankful we are going to Worlds on an at large bid, not happy about having to compete on Friday, but we determined our own fate and we will accept it with the knowledge that we weren't able to step it when it really counted. Good luck to all the teams competing at worlds, whether there on an at large bid or some sort of paid bid!!
Since my daughter's team didn't get a bid at GLCC they thought of trying to go to Columbus for one last try but since we hadn't planned on it there was too many that were going to be gone on spring break. Plus what if they had a bad weekend and ended up still not getting an at-large bid. There is a reason for everything and it just wasn't meant to be for some reason. They can hold their head up high, they got 1st place for their division and left it on the floor, what more can you ask for? Best of luck to your daughter's team!!

I find it very unprofessional for an event like Cheer Power Midwest Championship to not have final scores available at the event. And telling gyms that they will be mailed is incompetent. But then petitioning the USASF to allow them to award additional worlds bids before any scores are published just reeks with the smell of corruption.

Fire and Ice 5 alarm, medium all girl from cheer power this weekend. Placed third, this is day 2 (75%) I'm working on getting a better video that is ripped off the dvd but for now this is all I could get! I guess I'm just confused in the large gap between the scores, not necessarily arguing the placement. Congrats to everyone who got bids this weekend, especially c4!

Back