Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

L

Lisa Welsh

Read Full Article...

By Lisa D. Welsh
www.CHEERMaD.com

Ella, Gabi and Ava
It’s time for the “Cheer-Si-Do and Summer Promenade,” a popular dance that takes the floor every year as cheerleaders attend clinics and camps or gyms bring in coaches and choreographers to supplement the standards learned during the regular season.

Peter Lezin (owner of Brandon), Robbii Sedillo (California Allstars), Rachel, Marlon Biete (California Allstars) and David Petty (South Jersey Storms).
Meanwhile, in other parts of the country, other athletes are taking a Circle Left, in this summertime square-dance before they Do-Si-Do back to their corner:

A couple of weeks ago PROathletics (Becky and Rachel’s gym) hosted “Amateur to PRO” camp and brought in Peter Lezin (owner of Brandon Allstars), Robbii Sedillo and Marlon Biete (California Allstars) and David Petty (South Jersey Storms). Jason will “Allemande” south to the Cheer Cruise and Summer Blast Beach Camp next week to share his expertise with more than 100 kids there.

World Champ Santwon Cheer Clinic “went really amazing in New Albany,” according to Emily McCray, Santwon’s mom and manager. ”A special thanks to Cheer Soxx we greatly appreciated all your contributes! KIDS HAD A BLAST! Santwon and Michael Martinez had an amazing time!”

Hotshot Ava and Fierce Kid Ella

Also in New York state this weekend is Superstar of Allstars’ Gabi Butler who has been up and down the east coast this summer with Julian Samuels from ACE conducting camps. They were at Intensity Cheer Elite in Horsehead, New York, where two PROs participated; Ella and Ava, of Fierce Kids and Tiny Tots, respectively, ~two great kids that Becky has had the joy to coach.

Super Stars of Allstars, as seen on the webseries "Secret Diary of an American Cheerleader." Gabi Butler far right.

“They (Gabi, was joined by her parents John and Debbie and siblings Amanda and John Michael) were so wonderful and sweet,” said Danyel Blake, Ella and Ava’s mom.

Ava (upside-down) receiving tips from Gabi as Mr. Butler spots.

Ella flying with Superstar of Allstar Gabi (right) basing
“Gabi even came to our room to watch Lilo and Stitch. She really is just a normal humble girl. We kept referring to her as ‘Gabi Butler’ and her mom said, at the end of the night she’ll just be Gabi to you all and that’s how she prefers it.”
“Gabi asked if we could all get dinner together,” Danyel continued. “We ended up spending a lot of time with them. Super nice and awesome family.”

Ava and Amanda Butler

Ella and Ava's CHEERMaD Danyel (left) and Gabi's CHEERMaD, Debbie.

NOTE: I met the Butler family at Worlds’ and can vouch for their “super nice and awesomeness.” I spontaneously gave Debbie a CHEERMaD t-shirt which she completely coincidentally wore the day of the clinic.
I was so excited when I saw her walk in with it,” Danyel said.

Honorary ShowStopper Sage with Ella, Gabi and Ava.

Back