Cheer Stalker Help

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 23, 2018
So, a couple of years ago, we had an athlete try out for us as a super senior and lets just say it didn't end well. She has never cheered a day in her life, she made it half way through conditioning at the first practice, threw up and then called her mom and went home. After that, she came back and tried to hang but more or less couldn't. She refused to quit (good for her) but at the same time she was extremely useless and stopped practicing because of an "injury". She eventually became the glorified bathroom line leader for the littles the entire season. Towards the end of the season we were getting wind that she was telling everyone she coached for our program. Couldn't be farther from the truth. She was actually asked to stop telling people that. She then started putting things out on social media saying how she was starting her own program ... ??? This coming from someone who has never been a cheerleader a day in her life. Ok, fine, you want to attempt it, go for it. Im not here to crush your dreams. However, this new "program" she was starting, was a COMPLETE SPIN OFF of our program. Same theme, and team names were relatively similar. Since then, This person has rebranded a program, that has not gotten off the ground the slightest bit, THREE times. She was practicing out of a gymnastics facility, and got kicked out. She only ever had 6 kids total. After that everything about her and her program went silent. Fast forward to these last couple of weeks -- she's been popping up in different cheer coach ONLY facebook groups, and acting like she has had a program for YEARS. You haven't competed once. You had a glorified tumbling class as your "program" with only 6 kids in it. She is extremely local to us, and it seems like she won't go away! How would you handle this??? I mean, imitation if the best form of flattery but this person is a straight up fraud. HELP!

So, a couple of years ago, we had an athlete try out for us as a super senior and lets just say it didn't end well. She has never cheered a day in her life, she made it half way through conditioning at the first practice, threw up and then called her mom and went home. After that, she came back and tried to hang but more or less couldn't. She refused to quit (good for her) but at the same time she was extremely useless and stopped practicing because of an "injury". She eventually became the glorified bathroom line leader for the littles the entire season. Towards the end of the season we were getting wind that she was telling everyone she coached for our program. Couldn't be farther from the truth. She was actually asked to stop telling people that. She then started putting things out on social media saying how she was starting her own program ... ??? This coming from someone who has never been a cheerleader a day in her life. Ok, fine, you want to attempt it, go for it. Im not here to crush your dreams. However, this new "program" she was starting, was a COMPLETE SPIN OFF of our program. Same theme, and team names were relatively similar. Since then, This person has rebranded a program, that has not gotten off the ground the slightest bit, THREE times. She was practicing out of a gymnastics facility, and got kicked out. She only ever had 6 kids total. After that everything about her and her program went silent. Fast forward to these last couple of weeks -- she's been popping up in different cheer coach ONLY facebook groups, and acting like she has had a program for YEARS. You haven't competed once. You had a glorified tumbling class as your "program" with only 6 kids in it. She is extremely local to us, and it seems like she won't go away! How would you handle this??? I mean, imitation if the best form of flattery but this person is a straight up fraud. HELP!
this is all the same child/teenager turned into an adult over the years, correct? (just clarifying)

this is all the same child/teenager turned into an adult over the years, correct? (just clarifying)

Correct. Im not trying to bash, but she actually started working at a local gymnastics I used to coach at (after I left), and it was so bad, that the owner (my old boss) called me and was basically like what is up with this girl?? The owner of the gymnastics actually told me that this girl was putting the safety of the children at risk.

short of just letting it be I don't even know if there is anything that can be done -- just super frustrated. Cant vent in ASGA on FB or the Small gym group because she's in both of those

Try doing that, because fraud shouldn't be taken lightly. The least that can happen to that person is that she receives a "cease & desist" letter.
Or even speak to a lawyer to possibly have them send a cease and desist or another aggressive letter to hope stem off future issues.

She has been on this site many times and has gone so far as to create second identities to talk about herself too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not surprised ‍♀️... I’m surprised you’re the only one who has caught on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back