All-Star Cheer Superstitions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

this thread is giving me the chills, i hate before i compete....i'm somewhat a mess and have mini anxiety attacks
some of my old superstitions include not shaving legs, eating certain things, listening to certain music, having team mom do my hair/makeup, warming up everything in the routine only once, do our crazy chants before we go to warm ups, before we step on each floor and right before we go on, then walking out and seeing coach at the front of the floor, there's a few more that i won't mention ;) hahaha....but if you saw PAC before in warmups, we were definitely CRAZY
all of these did work at first, then the same ones completely let us down at worlds...

some of my newer superstitions for this year:
just need lots and lots of water and healthy food
warm up with a shirt on, no uni top until right before we go on (not only because the armpits are white, but because that's what i've done since the first comp when we did pretty good!)
i have to curl my hair because when i'm lazy and can wear it straight for little local comps, we do bad
i throw each pass once (wish i could say the same for stunting, but my crazy flyer insists we hit it like 3 times perfect)

I will forever hug Daneeee and give Hannah the "it's gonna be okay, we'll be amazing" look! haha
and i always give a big wave then test the springs right before the music starts

Beeis4Becca said:
this thread is giving me the chills, i hate before i compete....i'm somewhat a mess and have mini anxiety attacks
some of my old superstitions include not shaving legs, eating certain things, listening to certain music, having team mom do my hair/makeup, warming up everything in the routine only once, do our crazy chants before we go to warm ups, before we step on each floor and right before we go on, then walking out and seeing coach at the front of the floor, there's a few more that i won't mention ;) hahaha....but if you saw PAC before in warmups, we were definitely CRAZY
all of these did work at first, then the same ones completely let us down at worlds...

some of my newer superstitions for this year:
just need lots and lots of water and healthy food
warm up with a shirt on, no uni top until right before we go on (not only because the armpits are white, but because that's what i've done since the first comp when we did pretty good!)
i have to curl my hair because when i'm lazy and can wear it straight for little local comps, we do bad
i throw each pass once (wish i could say the same for stunting, but my crazy flyer insists we hit it like 3 times perfect)

I will forever hug Daneeee and give Hannah the "it's gonna be okay, we'll be amazing" look! haha
and i always give a big wave then test the springs right before the music starts

i think my fav is the not shaving.... hahaha its turned into a gym disease and everyone kinda caught it and gets pretty bad but i love it!!! only vegas baby

haha i still dont get around to shaving my legs much
but it's not a superstitious thing anymore hahaha :lol:

iKarlyyy said:
ohhh lindss said:
-Lucky green lace and cheetah print undies.
-HAVE to pray with Alexa (fiercelexaaa) before we go on. Even though we're not on the same team this year, we STILL do it.
-I have to eat a bagel before I compete. In the morning though. I didn't have one before Jamfest Indy either day (because our hotel didn't have any) and we got 4th :( I will ONLY eat a bagel before we compete. No matter what time we go on.
-When we do our circle chant (We look fly! We look good! Touch our swag? Wish you could!) I have to have Aaron on my right and Morgan on my left. We will weasel our way between people to get there.
-If I don't see my mom while I run onto the floor.. Things go bad for me. I FREAK out. I have to see her. Jamfest is another story because I know it's impossible for me to see her unless she's standing with my coaches. Which she is not about to do.

I know there are more, but I can't think right now...

personal:
I'm the same way with bagels! if we're competing early though, i don't eat anything. i'm scared if i eat anything else i will throw up. i ALWAYS need to have a new, unopened water bottle with me in warmups. I bring it to every mat and put it down in front of my spot. then right before i go on, i give it to my team mom. i go through the sections of the routine in my head on the floor. i always need to hold hands with someone as im walking onto the floor until i get halfway up the mat. i always need to be with my flyer from warmup to the floor.

teams i've been on:
specific speech and prayer. right shoe double knotted. spin to win. slow clap. one time we sang "i believe i can fly" before we went on and bombed the routine, so no one was allowed to ever mention those words again. never splitting anything (including escalators).

anddd i have no idea how i forgot my biggest one... i need to warm up all my tumbling exactly twice. one or 3 times and i won't hit it.

i dont know if its supersticious but i dont really talk to anyone before we go on.

i warm up tumbling no more than two times

i have to wear my lucky rugby socks from highschool cheer

i have to wear my lucky tie dye boxer briefs that i made

i do a cross in my spot before the opening because we tumble first

i also tell myself to own the mat

during my double toe-touch back handspring for some reason me and my friend think C-E-A SNAP

And i have to rub my hands on the bottom of my shoes and give as many people hugs as possible

Im a bit obsessed with this girl band in the UK called Girls Aloud, and i was given a sticker of them for good luck at our first stunt group comp so i stuck it to the inside of my top and we did really well. then next comp we got new unis, so i put the sticker inbetween my skirt and shorts and again we did awsome. last comp i forgot to take it on floor with me and left it in my make up bag, yes we did terrible! i swear i will never forget it again! apart from that we dont really have any others, usualy just group hugs, and 1,2,3 *team name* :)

btw what do yall mean when you say you never "split" anything ?

My stunt group prayers together after the team prayer. We forgot at Cheersport last year on day 2 and it was the only time we fell all year. Same group this year so the prayer circle has continued. :)

a girl on brandon senior white (Brooke) has some of the weirdest ones.. she has to eat 7 peach rings before warm ups (no more and no less than 7), her stunt group has to drink the vitamin water of the year before every competition (ex. last years flavor was "Focus"), and then her friend on Platinum (Lauren) has to put her hair clips in for her and give her an inspirational speech.

iKarlyyy said:
ohhh lindss said:
-HAVE to pray with Alexa (fiercelexaaa) before we go on. Even though we're not on the same team this year, we STILL do it.
-I have to eat a bagel before I compete. In the morning though. I didn't have one before Jamfest Indy either day (because our hotel didn't have any) and we got 4th :( I will ONLY eat a bagel before we compete. No matter what time we go on.
-When we do our circle chant (We look fly! We look good! Touch our swag? Wish you could!) I have to have Aaron on my right and Morgan on my left. We will weasel our way between people to get there.
-If I don't see my mom while I run onto the floor.. Things go bad for me. I FREAK out. I have to see her. Jamfest is another story because I know it's impossible for me to see her unless she's standing with my coaches. Which she is not about to do.

personal:
I'm the same way with bagels! if we're competing early though, i don't eat anything. i'm scared if i eat anything else i will throw up. i ALWAYS need to have a new, unopened water bottle with me in warmups. I bring it to every mat and put it down in front of my spot. then right before i go on, i give it to my team mom. i go through the sections of the routine in my head on the floor. i always need to hold hands with someone as im walking onto the floor until i get halfway up the mat. i always need to be with my flyer from warmup to the floor.

teams i've been on:
specific speech and prayer. right shoe double knotted. spin to win. slow clap. one time we sang "i believe i can fly" before we went on and bombed the routine, so no one was allowed to ever mention those words again. never splitting anything (including escalators).

We totally do that too!! well we added the slow clap before Jamfest and did worse so i dont think we will do that again! but spin to win is something we defiantly do before every competition. and our coach has to hug everyone of us before we go on the floor. i cant think of anything else but our coaches always do the same thing before we compete all the time. haha

bbrrrrriiiiix3 said:
ohhh lindss said:

haha I am the same way linds! I always spot her when I go out :) ugh so sad she won't be able to make COA next month..that should be interesting.

that is a TRUE statment, saw it for myself

me and some of my friends, HAVE to eat chinese before we compete.
We all get the same thing everytime (sesame chicken, fried rice, and wonton soup.)
and if our fortune cookie has a good fortune, we put in our shoe before we compete :)

siobhanGA said:
Im a bit obsessed with this girl band in the UK called Girls Aloud, and i was given a sticker of them for good luck at our first stunt group comp so i stuck it to the inside of my top and we did really well. then next comp we got new unis, so i put the sticker inbetween my skirt and shorts and again we did awsome. last comp i forgot to take it on floor with me and left it in my make up bag, yes we did terrible! i swear i will never forget it again! apart from that we dont really have any others, usualy just group hugs, and 1,2,3 *team name* :)

btw what do yall mean when you say you never "split" anything ?

and example would splitting a pole would be half some of the team go on one side and the others go on the other side. Everyone has to go on the same side of the pole. Whether it be the right or the left. You can't split elevators. Everyone has to ride the same elevator. You just don't split things. It's bad luck hahah.

1.) i have lucky spankies that i always wear every competition. but dont worry theyre clean haha.
2.) its a tradition for me to hand out a handful of swedish fish to each person on my team while were stretching in warm ups.
3.) its also tradition for my team to get pumped with some pixie sticks. those are the best.
4.) we always say a prayer and ask god to be the 37th member on our team.

My cp always packs this one particular stuffed toy in her suitcase for away comps...even it she has to sit on her luggage to close it, she stuffs this little toy inside. She takes a particular blanket with her too. I'm a little superstious too about certain things...I won't wear this certain shirt again cause I think it brought bad luck in the past at a comp before. I always have to have the same jingle bell noise maker with me and I wear my pins, picture buttons on the same side of my shirt or jacket at the all comps. I have to wear a particular braclet or necklace to comps...and most importantly.... I have to take a pic of my cp just before she goes to warm ups and give her a hug and kiss.

Back