All-Star Cheer World Is Baaaaaack

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

in a nutshell someone please explain why this book was so controversial.. just wondering.

From what I understand she used real people's names, including minors. The author and her mother seem to go back and forth from the book being a literal account of the cheerleaders experience to it being a fictionalized account.

I've not read it so I'm just telling you what I have read.

The Fierce Board App! || If you're not on Fierce Board, I question your commitment.

I kind of wish we wouldn't talk about the book...because no matter how unfounded most of the story is, she sells another book from all the free publicity. :rolleyes:

I think the key thing is to not employ her or allow her to coach your kid. No one was off limits. Imagine discreetly farting around your "friend" and finding it in her "autobiography. (This was made up, but exemplifies the level of disclosure in the book.:D)

This is worse than the "fanfic" being written. People have an expectation of privacy when going through their everyday life. I know she was trying to expose certain people, but she also exposed just "average" joes.

Wait. Why is this back? It's crap. I haven't read it but I read all about it when it first came out and the reviews were less than stellar. So why does this need another chance? You can't spin gold from straw.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Agreed. But mommy is promoting the book again all over facebook, so I think the more we talk about how unethical this waste of trees and cyberspace is, the less people will be likely to buy it. If I hadn't heard about how awful this book is, my CP probably would have wanted to read it for her summer reading project and I would have been none the wiser and bought it for her.

Not to bump this and try to get it more coverage but is Morgan Fairley the real name of the author or just a pen name?

Latest posts

Back