College Cheering For Volleyball

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 10, 2010
So do any other schools do this? We don't have a football team so we cheer for volleyball and basketball. I'm wondering how you guys make it work because to me, cheering for volleyball is kinda awkward (and the fact that it's mostly parents with a few students makes it more awkward).

It seems to be very common. The school my CP is interested in cheering for does the same thing, and I was just talking to someone else that said their school does as well.

Yup, we cheered for volleyball. We would sit in the stands and do short chants with just arm motions. We usually stunted during breaks and timeouts.

Mizzou does and my school did in middle school. @emmamazza could tell you more about how it works at mizzou but I know there is a specific subset of the team that cheers volleyball.

My college team does this, and I love cheering at the games! It's actually very intense, and unlike other sports you aren't constantly cheering. You just watch and cheer when they serve, stunt during breaks and do a mini routine during game breaks.

Many college squads cheer for volleyball, like UK's white squad, for example. The stunts that they perform is very similar to basketball: no 2 1/2 high pyramids, basket tosses, etc.

We did at Kansas. Half the home games to us, half to the dance team.
3 coed couples per game, stood in the corner and did chants and fight songs with the band. Did stunts and tumbled during the timeouts on the court just like basketball

I cheer volleyball and basically all we do is stand on the sidelines and do like little chants and stuff and we do pyramids and free stunting at time outs. They take a couple people from the coed team and a couple from the all girl team to cheer volleyball and it's mostly 1st years with 2 returners as captains

My university does it too. I cheer at my first one this Friday, but from what I hear, it is pretty relaxed and fun. The girls told me that our band plays during most dead spots in the game so they do a lot of band cheers. Short chants and maybe some stunts and standing tucks if there are opportunities.

I cheered my first one this past friday and it was a lot of fun.. There's not a whole lot of fans normally but this one had more because it was our in-town rival. We did cheers/chants during dead spots, shouted our school letters when they were hitting the ball over (they only have three hits before a point goes to the other team so U-N-F works perfectly), and did dances/stunts/tumbling during time outs

Back