Cheering In Grad School?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 7, 2016
I'm narrowing down where I will attend college this fall and have found out the school I May attend doesn't accept male cheerleaders. This wasn't my first choice school, but it was my parent's first choice for me and seeing as I received a full ride, I basically have to attend in their eyes. It's always been a dream of mine to cheer in college and compete at college nationals, so if I am unable to cheer in my undergrad years, will I be able to cheer in graduate school? At say, NC State, virginia tech, ohio state, lsu, Purdue or such? Those are where I think I would like to complete my graduates degree (majoring in mechanical engineering)

You are allowed to cheer in grad school pending your time involvement and if the program allows. Just reach out to the coaches of the colleges you might want to cheer for.

***Taking notes and wondering if I'll be too old next year... I'll only be 40 [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] ***

Yes as King mentioned, school time restraints from class and studying are factors that the coach will want to know in advance.

Additionally if you want to compete make sure you have eligibility left (you can compete 5 times total from between the two major championships: uca & nca)

Go for it!!!! You never know until you try!!!
I'm narrowing down where I will attend college this fall and have found out the school I May attend doesn't accept male cheerleaders. This wasn't my first choice school, but it was my parent's first choice for me and seeing as I received a full ride, I basically have to attend in their eyes. It's always been a dream of mine to cheer in college and compete at college nationals, so if I am unable to cheer in my undergrad years, will I be able to cheer in graduate school? At say, NC State, virginia tech, ohio state, lsu, Purdue or such? Those are where I think I would like to complete my graduates degree (majoring in mechanical engineering)

I have a friend in grad school at NC State who is also a cheerleader. It's def possible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cheer while going through grad school, in the UK though, so I assume the commitment is less. But if you want to make time for it you definitely can!

I had the same problem when I chose to attend a college without a cheer program. But, luckily I was just a 30-minute drive from California All Stars so I did a super senior year there. Check around your school and see if there's an all-star gym nearby. Good alternative in my opinion!

Back