All-Star Cheerleaders Season 2!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

One thing I've wanted to ask for quite a while now...I'm confused (not sure if that's the right word for it) about the fact that the team prays before each competition. Is this a frequent occurrence for teams in the US?

I teach and coach at a Catholic school so we pray as well before we compete, but when my CP cheered allstar, their team didn't as it would not be acceptable in an inclusive environment. I guess it just really surprised me that I have seen this so often with allstar teams in the US.

On another note...my pet peeve with teams is not wearing your uniform properly at all times when it is on. ARGH..sleeves tied behind your back! Not a hope in heck my girls would be doing that lol
Like luv2cheer92 said, Cali is openly religious. But every team I've been on has prayed before comps too. With HS we don't (well, we have, but it's not a regular thing) but with allstar we always have. It seems pretty common.

Like luv2cheer92 said, Cali is openly religious. But every team I've been on has prayed before comps too. With HS we don't (well, we have, but it's not a regular thing) but with allstar we always have. It seems pretty common.
Yes agreed! I believe every team Jaylen has been on has prayed as well. Our gym also hosts Viper fellowships on Saturday and they always have a nice message and something for the kids to go home with!

At NCA they handed these out to other teams and random athletes
erube2y2.jpg

Attached to these little papers were little finger flashlights in different colors. I think every athlete I saw given one was truly thankful and I hope it didn't offend anyone.

Yes agreed! I believe every team Jaylen has been on has prayed as well. Our gym also hosts Viper fellowships on Saturday and they always have a nice message and something for the kids to go home with!

At NCA they handed these out to other teams and random athletes
erube2y2.jpg

Attached to these little papers were little finger flashlights in different colors. I think every athlete I saw given one was truly thankful and I hope it didn't offend anyone.

I love that, how absolutely thoughtful.

And since I don't want to double post. Our coaching staff prays together before all of our teams go on, and I also pray separately while the athletes are walking to their spots. I can't remember if I ever prayed for high school cheer or for all star, but we prayed at the start and end of every practice/game/competition at my (religious) college.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

We did not pray at all when I cheered for my Catholic college.

We prayed before games when I played rugby, however.

i don't think i was ever on a team that didn't say an "Our Father" before competing and i've never been on an even slightly religious team.. idk why lol i think it eventually just became a superstition.

We always prayed before we danced when I was in all-stars...CP's team? I never asked. Maybe they do.

As for the uniforms---they keep their sleeves off for warm-ups and conditioning. When they're actually on the practice mats, the sleeves are on.

Although Cali is openly religious, we we're told in the beginning of the season if you dont feel comfortable you can sit out, etc. But every team I've been on before has prayed as well.

What i loved most about this episode is how emotional Eddie was after they performed. He is crazy coach and yells and threatens them, but to me it seems these are the moments the kids feel his deep and true libe for them.

And i got a little emotional too. I thought back when we won ECC this year with youth 3 in their first season. I was so happy for the kids. I mean i was surprised how little i was happy for me if that makes sense.
I would have been happy with Top 5. But getting Elite Champion was such a big moment for them, and i was happy they experienced that all the hard work pays off.

So *thumbup* for cali and awesomness tv for sharing this special moment with us.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Ugh I got teary eyed watching that one!

Btw Ventura is not pronounced like Venchura. It's a hard T. :rolleyes:

Back