All-Star Cheerleaders Season 3: Version 2

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

im starting to truly believe that once you get tv attention you slowly become addicted to it and cant ever escape it. granted youtube isnt really tv, but its almost the same thing.
i think smoed is an amazingly talented team, but im kinda over the dramatic, self absorbed, poor sportsmanship teenage kid act that comes from that team.

I actually did a paper with this topic not too long ago; researchers and psychologists are actually studying this very thing because of the reality TV craze. It'll be interesting to see the studies they post over the next decade or so.

Any bets on how long this lasts?
post-55152-Justin-Timberlake-wtf-face-gif-gSbY.gif
:shimmy::shimmy: Extra shimmies because you used JT. We need more of him on these boards!

It will be interesting to see if any (and which) athletes flock to Smoed now that this has been announced.
Are you indicating low numbers at Ventura location and this could be a publicity stunt?

**So many signature options I don't know what to do**

Are you indicating low numbers at Ventura location and this could be a publicity stunt?

**So many signature options I don't know what to do**

I just mean that there are athletes who consider it a huge draw to be on the show because it means "cheerlebritiness". Anyone who drops their current team in order to move to Smoed now that this has been announced is likely one of those types of people - it will be interesting to see who does this.

Last edited:
I actually did a paper with this topic not too long ago; researchers and psychologists are actually studying this very thing because of the reality TV craze. It'll be interesting to see the studies they post over the next decade or so.

I'd love to hear more about your paper. Did you use any of Real World/The Challenge kids in it?

I'd love to hear more about your paper. Did you use any of Real World/The Challenge kids in it?
i dont know if the real world/road rules people would be exactly what i would call fame hungry.... they signed up to be apart of something very unique such (real world). and then you had people who probably signed up cause they wanted to travel the world, etc (road rules). i think the challenge from what i can recall that was said at least a few times by some cast members, is that the whole reason they did real world is so that they could possibly be apart of the challenge. Im sure a lot of the old timers of the shows who continually returned were obviously doing it for the money, but not so much for the fame, considering most of them had real world jobs back home.

i dont know if the real world/road rules people would be exactly what i would call fame hungry.... they signed up to be apart of something very unique such (real world). and then you had people who probably signed up cause they wanted to travel the world, etc (road rules). i think the challenge from what i can recall that was said at least a few times by some cast members, is that the whole reason they did real world is so that they could possibly be apart of the challenge. Im sure a lot of the old timers of the shows who continually returned were obviously doing it for the money, but not so much for the fame, considering most of them had real world jobs back home.
Can I just say how much I miss Road Rules, that was my favorite show back in the day.

Can I just say how much I miss Road Rules, that was my favorite show back in the day.

I swore to myself when I was like 12 that I would one day be on the Real World. Of course, by the time I became old enough to do it, it had turned into like the Jersey Shore and I was no longer interested---but I loved that show growing up.

As for the paper, yes it did delve into the original reality shows like Real World/Road Rules/Challenges...etc, etc. However, like mentioned above, a lot of the original veterans were there for the money not necessarily the fame. The trend for the famous is a bit newer...last 10 years ish, with the extremes coming out in the past five-seven years.

I swore to myself when I was like 12 that I would one day be on the Real World. Of course, by the time I became old enough to do it, it had turned into like the Jersey Shore and I was no longer interested---but I loved that show growing up.

As for the paper, yes it did delve into the original reality shows like Real World/Road Rules/Challenges...etc, etc. However, like mentioned above, a lot of the original veterans were there for the money not necessarily the fame. The trend for the famous is a bit newer...last 10 years ish, with the extremes coming out in the past five-seven years.
I still remember watching the original Real World and thinking wtf is this exactly? I want to say I was either in college or graduate school so not so far off from the ages of the first cast. I loved the first few seasons of Road Rules as well. To me the fame seekers started when The Challenge first came out, especially when they added randoms who had never been on either show. I have not watched any of those shows for years now but their longevity amazes me.

I still remember watching the original Real World and thinking wtf is this exactly? I want to say I was either in college or graduate school so not so far off from the ages of the first cast. I loved the first few seasons of Road Rules as well. To me the fame seekers started when The Challenge first came out, especially when they added randoms who had never been on either show. I have not watched any of those shows for years now but their longevity amazes me.

Everybody loves a good trainwreck.

I'll also appreciate The Real World for teaching me what Lyme Disease was though; and AIDs, I actually learned a lot of medical stuff. However, I've also spent my entire life fascinated with human psychology and MTV wrapped up a nice hour long show for me to watch where I could watch and learn people I would have never been able to analyze elsewhere at that age.

Everybody loves a good trainwreck.

I'll also appreciate The Real World for teaching me what Lyme Disease was though; and AIDs, I actually learned a lot of medical stuff. However, I've also spent my entire life fascinated with human psychology and MTV wrapped up a nice hour long show for me to watch where I could watch and learn people I would have never been able to analyze elsewhere at that age.

There's a member of Congress (Rep. Sean Duffy (R-WI)) who was on The Real World: Boston and met his wife, Rachel (who was on the original season Real World), while they were doing Road Rules.

When I met him I was more excited to be meeting someone who was on The Real World than I was to be meeting a member of Congress.

Meanwhile its August 10th, and Team Gunz still hasn't gone to Worlds...

I haven't been keeping up with the series, but why must Awesomeness TV drag this out sooo long!

Back