All-Star Cheerleaders Season 3?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm just saying they should take a brake from it for a while. Give them time to recover and prepare and think about why they think their "cursed". Come up with techniques as to what they can do to do better. Some times it takes more than just a couple of weeks to do so.
They have a whole year between each Palm Springs comp, not a few weeks....

I realize that. But by the time the routine is etched and stoned, it's time for Palm Springs. You don't have to agree of course, but that's just my opinion.
According to my daughter's coaches a routine is never 'etched in stone' and there are actually certain competitions that a team will go to because of the judges... Example, last year, my daughter's team went to one particular event because they knew there will be NCA judges scoring and they wanted them to critique the routine, so they had an idea where they should make changes... When gyms make a decision to go to certain competitions year after year, many time it is the smaller competitions that help the most when preparing for the national competitions. JMO

According to my daughter's coaches a routine is never 'etched in stone' and there are actually certain competitions that a team will go to because of the judges... Example, last year, my daughter's team went to one particular event because they knew there will be NCA judges scoring and they wanted them to critique the routine, so they had an idea where they should make changes... When gyms make a decision to go to certain competitions year after year, many time it is the smaller competitions that help the most when preparing for the national competitions. JMO

oh i see what you did there ;)

If that. That was the most frustrating part of watching the show, at least to me. There were girls in the background that I didn't even know/felt like I hadn't ever seen before. Maybe they don't want to overwhelm the audience with too many people, but I also got kinda tired of hearing the same people say the same things all the time.
Or they only introduce us to them when there is some sort of drama around them, and then they just like disappear back into the shadow-lands when they aren't going to boost the view count....like, "are you cheer famous?" "no?" "well then have fun with like 8 appearances tops in a series of like over thirty episodes!" MAybe I'm wrong but thats what it seems like 

I'm hoping they will change up competitions. You're not really challenging your self if you attend the same competitions and always win. That's just my point of view. I honestly think that's the only reason why people are so intimidated by smoed.

They attend the same competitions with the same gyms. They know the other gyms 9/10 and what they can bring. So it's really not a challenge to go in there and win. I would like to see them be challenged more...

I understand if this is some sort of tradition, but I think they need to cut ties with Palm Springs. Something always bad happens and they are never successful the full two days. It's always one or the other. Again, just my thoughts. If I had a team they were suffering that bad, I wouldn't keep sending them there. I know that comes under the terms of being challenged, but there's a difference between being challenged and set up for failure. Not saying the coaches do it on purpose, but there are some competitions that some teams just needs to stay out of.

I love smoed. I don't think the season is going to change that much. I think it's a great show, but they need to attend more challenging competitions and think twice about Palm Springs.

What other competitions would you like to see them at? The west coast isn't exactly booming with competitions like the east coast is. And why spend so much money to travel to other competitions when you can go to others that are right in your backyard for so much cheaper? Cali has to think about more than just Smoed when they pick comp schedules.

I agree it's annoying to see the same competitions and the same outcome every time. They honestly need to focus on another team. Heck another gym. There would be so many great teams to focus on (with the exception of SE because we get enough CEA videos throughout the year... even though many would disagree with me :p ).

I would love if they followed some of the more legendary teams, ones that have been around for forever like Stars, F5, Orange, or Top Gun. Heck I'll even throw out Brandon because they are their biggest rivals. I feel like people are growing tired of Smoed. And I think another gym/team would be a refreshing change.

Maybe not every Smoed kid is after fame and they choose not to have camera time… I'm sure some of these kids just want to cheer.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

yes. i would hope if a kid didn't want screen time they would honor that (other than team shots, of course) as much as i don't like the celebrity status these kids are getting, i give them so much credit. i'm extremely introverted. if even 1/4 of the people that approach them and chase them down at competitions tried to talk to me i would probably have a nervous breakdown and be curled in a ball in a corner somewhere crying. i couldn't do it. i would rather be on a no name team than harassed like that, so i give them all the credit in the world.

I love smoed. I don't think the season is going to change that much. I think it's a great show, but they need to attend more challenging competitions and think twice about Palm Springs.
I'm not sure there are more challenging competitions for Smoed to attend that doesn't involve a plane ride. Like their closest competition is PCM (they have a small coed team, right?) and DSE. Besides Worlds and NCA, they have travelled for the Majors and the Champions league. That's 4 cross country plans trips (though CL will be in LA this season) in one season. All their challenging competition is too far for them to compete against beyond NCA and Worlds. Which is probably why they do attend Palm Springs, because there's direct competition, though I agree they totally need to get over the curse thing.

I know this is kinda off topic so forgive me but: what do you guys think about the "cheerhab" mini series? Is it any good? I haven't seen it yer and I was just wondering about your opinions about it. Thanks! 

I know this is kinda off topic so forgive me but: what do you guys think about the "cheerhab" mini series? Is it any good? I haven't seen it yer and I was just wondering about your opinions about it. Thanks! 

It's very good. It's just about Eddie and orby working with different teams for a few days trying to make them better.

Ultimately the show can only be so interesting after awhile, especially when it's the same comps, same drama season after season..... Maybe if they showed different Cali teams, or different programs all together it would be nice.
I like the show, but am slowly becoming uninterested.

Ultimately the show can only be so interesting after awhile, especially when it's the same comps, same drama season after season..... Maybe if they showed different Cali teams, or different programs all together it would be nice.
I like the show, but am slowly becoming uninterested.
Yes this idea!!! I mean they don't have to make it too complicated, just maybe show some things about another team, I mean heck it doesn't have to be from another gym even, just something to change it up a bit 

Back