All-Star Cheerleaders Season 3?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I was never upset that she was deferring college to cheer, regardless, if she had gotten into a Community College. I had a concerned that she putting all of her energy into trying to make Smoed and watching her at the tryouts, she seems to be a long shot for this team and regardless, if she wants to take a year off from school to explore other options say this is what you want to do.
Guess what? There are so many untraditional ways that she can attend college and cheer, why can she not take online classes. A lot of athletes are doing these things now, especially on high profile teams.

I dont get it. Everyone says that cheerleading isnt just tumbling and stunting on a mat at a competition once a month. There are numerous threads all across this board each and every year about the life lessons learned, relationships built, foundations of reality experienced, and NUMEROUS other great things that come from the highly competitive sport. However, once it comes to Smoed, it turns to "cheer". She deferred, not declined, Berkley to accomplish a dream that she has that will be with her for the rest of her life. You cannot count on two hands the amount of life experience that she will get out of this team. Why cant we all be happy for her accomplishing her dreams instead of hating because she choses to try out for Smoed?

** & God forbid something drastic happens and she is no longer on the team. She is only 1 semester behind and whose to say that she doesnt already have some college credits or will be taking some classes at a community college?

Agreed 100%, if this is your dream and you have spent years (and thousands of dollars) working towards it, go for it.

I'm almost 100% sure she was at least on the team right after tryouts. I don't know if she made it through summer though.

ETA: I don't know why everyone thinks she was a long shot as she is throwing either a three to double or two to double in the episode.
I saw a picture of her at choreography the other day so as of now she's on the team

What other competitions would you like to see them at? The west coast isn't exactly booming with competitions like the east coast is. And why spend so much money to travel to other competitions when you can go to others that are right in your backyard for so much cheaper? Cali has to think about more than just Smoed when they pick comp schedules.

I agree it's annoying to see the same competitions and the same outcome every time. They honestly need to focus on another team. Heck another gym. There would be so many great teams to focus on (with the exception of SE because we get enough CEA videos throughout the year... even though many would disagree with me :p ).

I would love if they followed some of the more legendary teams, ones that have been around for forever like Stars, F5, Orange, or Top Gun. Heck I'll even throw out Brandon because they are their biggest rivals. I feel like people are growing tired of Smoed. And I think another gym/team would be a refreshing change.
I actually surprised AwesomenessTV hasn't changed gyms or at least teams yet. Their dance show has had 2 seasons so far and each season is a new studio in the CA/SoCal area and both studios they follow/followed, are two of the most successful studios in the nation. CP actually enjoys it more than Cheerleaders,due to the fact every show and season really is different,because no two studios are alike. They are showcasing all of the amazing talent throughout the dance world. Plus,you can't guess the storyline every season.

I'm almost 100% sure she was at least on the team right after tryouts. I don't know if she made it through summer though.

ETA: I don't know why everyone thinks she was a long shot as she is throwing either a three to double or two to double in the episode.
There was only one person who posted that she shouldn't make the team, and that person said she was throwing under rotated fulls so......
I think we forget that this show has become scripted. There could be other reasons why this girl chose to defer her acceptance (if in fact she actually did), but it makes for better tv to say it was strictly due to cheer.

I think we forget that this show has become scripted. There could be other reasons why this girl chose to defer her acceptance (if in fact she actually did), but it makes for better tv to say it was strictly due to cheer.
What? Scripted? But it's reality! (/End sarcasm)

I have watched those dancers shows - suffered through one or two episodes of each season, cause that's all I could take. They seem very boring an uninteresting compared to the cheerleaders show (and my CP is involved in dance, so we are actually not anti-dance in any way). I always assumed they switched studio's because the first season had low ratings and they had to try another studio to see if it would work better. Those two ladies that are on the current show seem very into themselves and think they are God's gift to dance - it turned me off the couple times I watched it.

Cheerleaders is a much better show and Eddie and Orby are much more likable coaches to watch. I want them to keep following Smoed becuase of them.

Last edited:
Depending on your program- yes, deferring could end up biting you in the buns. If she was there for something not hyper competitive, that would be one thing. Or if she WAS, but the school wasn't going to force her to re-tryout or re-submit something for whatever reason (or she has amazing grades and cured world hunger) she might be ok. But many performance-based programs are cut programs (as an example), so she's setting herself up for a disadvantage if they make her re-tryout. Depending on the level of her peers, she might not get back in. When I've been out of acting for a while, it DEFINITELY shows. Anything that requires constant upkeep (like learning certain skills), can be hard to get back into once you've been out. Technologies change too.

I'd hate to give up an amazing school for something else I love, NOT have the experience I want there, and THEN risk losing my dream school too. While I'm the first person to tell people to chase their dreams, I'm also the person who will hit you with the hard reality. I'm chasing my dreams, and I'm missing out on moments with my family that I'll never get back. When my sister was hysterical during her wedding, I couldn't help her because I was too far away. I can't afford vacations. I can barely afford to pay off my student loans. I don't go out much. It's easier for me to be single than to try to fight for a relationship because my schedule is so hectic. I'm struggling to finance my film I wrote because it's the only way it'll get made. Am I happy? Yes. But don't think I don't see this life slowly crush others- like my roommate. She's here for the same thing, and she's probably going to move in another year or so because it's no longer worth it to her. Dreams need fodder- or they'll eat you alive.

just posted on Facebook by Gabi

California allstars SMOED is looking for 2 female bases with ELITE tumbling skills and 1 male. Don't miss a chance to be a part of this amazing team! For more info contact [email protected]

just posted on Facebook by Gabi

California allstars SMOED is looking for 2 female bases with ELITE tumbling skills and 1 male. Don't miss a chance to be a part of this amazing team! For more info contact [email protected]

i love smoed i really do. but are they against finding talent within their own locations. i mean im sure plenty of guys tried out for cali coed, and could have been asked to come try out for smoed. regardless of the location difference.

Back