All-Star Cheerleaders Season 5

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

8:36... Anyone know what this drill is for? The bases are letting go of heel and grabbing their own front wrist. I've never seen this.

I may be wrong, but I believe its more for the flyer to teach them to not be on their heels. I think I remember it being explained that way at the Spring Conference in Montreal last year.

Is it common for team to condition at the beginning of practice? We always ran/stretched/warmed up at beginning and conditioned at the end. I feel like if I had heavy conditioning at the beginning of practice by body wouldn't have been able to practice to its max potential.

Is it common for team to condition at the beginning of practice? We always ran/stretched/warmed up at beginning and conditioned at the end. I feel like if I had heavy conditioning at the beginning of practice by body wouldn't have been able to practice to its max potential.

Depends on the team. I've taken some gymnastic classes that conditioned at the beginning. It was a little weird to start, but not too hard. Pros - you're fresher and can get a good workout it. Also, if you can pull your skills after that, they'll be much easier in competition. Cons - eating the mat cos you used all your energy conditioning and now can't pull a full routine.

Overall, I don't mind it earlier on in the season. Once we get into lots of full outs though, that's not the time for serious conditioning in my mind. Focus on hitting clean and solid instead. You should already have the conditioning down by then

Back