Cheerleaders Section

Discussion in 'Comments on the Fierce Board / Support' started by Kaylee_Kitty_Kat_75_, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Kaylee_Kitty_Kat_75_

Kaylee_Kitty_Kat_75_ Cheer Stalker

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    Okay I think it would be so cool if we could have a section for just us cheerleaders to talk. Thee's a coach and parent group, why not us athletes?
    And there could be a Social Group section, where we could all make our own groups, private or open. We'd have to message others for permission to get in.
    What do you think?

2. Kaylee_Kitty_Kat_75_

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    @King @Ashley could you make these? If only one, create Social Groups.

3. Ashley

Ashley Administrator Staff Member National Champion

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    I don't think the software supports allowing users to make their own private sections. I also don't think there's a strong need for athletes to have their own private section away from parents or coaches.

4. cheergirl2000

cheergirl2000 They call me Susie

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    It might lead to some sketchy situations and it would be hard to verify the person actually being a cheerleader.

5. Keep_Believing

Keep_Believing Moderator

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Twitter:
    stormydakota
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Many of the Coaches are also Cheerleaders/former Cheerleaders. Many of the parents are former Cheerleaders.

6. Official OWECheer

Official OWECheer Most likely to post anywhere

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Twitter:
    OWECheer
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Definitely. We've already had situations with pervy trolls on here that would only be exacerbated in a parent/mod-free environment.

Anybody remember the "teenage boy" who asked us if we thought it was weird that he liked to wear his sister's cheer uniform? And I think this was after he tried to purchase used uniforms on here, under the same username?

7. Keep_Believing

Keep_Believing Moderator

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Twitter:
    stormydakota
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I do remember that and the guy with the cheer shoe fetish! Creepy!

8. King

King Is all about that bass Staff Member

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Twitter:
    fierceboard
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Verified Member:
    King Harrison
    Georgia Tech Coach
    If I did it it would have to be a 'paid' group, honestly. That is the only way it would be worth the headache.

• Shimmy Shimmy x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. Kaylee_Kitty_Kat_75_

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    Well if it were to be private social groups then people would request access. Your server is Xenforo, right? I used to be on a gymnastics forum called ChalkBucket when I was a gymnast. They have the same server and you can make social groups there.
    I don't know if this is different though. Maybe it is, if so I have no idea.

10. astaley22

astaley22 Slow your roll, Sparkle. Bracket Winner

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    I mean, I just don't think there's enough interest for King to go through the work of making the sections/groups.

11. Keep_Believing

Keep_Believing Moderator

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Twitter:
    stormydakota
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Agree with @astaley22 And honestly would not want my CP's on a private thread for athletes only. Athletes are all ages. If my 14 year old is going to be on a forum it needs to be an open/not private forum. I only allow my children on social media that I can access or monitor as I please. Their safety and protection always comes first.

12. SL&AM

SL&AM Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    When you consider the 'Only' sections we have, a cheerleader only section makes no sense.

18+ is for adults only, that is pretty clear since it ventures into NSFW talk
    Parents Only is so parents can talk without the fear of retribution and privacy for their cheerleader/family
    Coaches Only is so they have their own place to vent without fear of parents eyes and coaching stuff (I assume, I'm not on there, for all I know they're posting selfies of themselves with tequila after dealing with Susie's Mom).

What would be the purpose of a Cheerleader's only section? Considering that the 18+ group who actually cheer is the minority when looking at the sport; most parents would not want their cheerleaders in a section they can't see. Furthermore, your group (the athletes)---quite literally---has everywhere else of the ENTIRE FORUM for everything Cheer related...what would there even be to talk about that would need that sort of privacy? Anything that needs that level of privacy should not be closed off to their parents and coaches.

With the amount of catfishing on the internet...no way; not only is an athlete only section unnecessary, it's downright dangerous.

13. Keep_Believing

Keep_Believing Moderator

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Twitter:
    stormydakota
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    @SL&AM I agree. In my opinion it is a bad idea to create an area where for example 14 cheer old girls (junior teams) and 30 year old men (open teams) chat in a "PRIVATE" section.

• Shimmy Shimmy x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. SL&AM

SL&AM Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Not to mention, most 30 years olds don't have any desire to talk to 14 year old anyway. Just like the Age Grid, some things are best left to separation.

15. purplecheer

purplecheer I'm an announcer on CBS for Worlds (or should be)

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    Maybe we could make a thread for that in the allstar section? That way athletes can talk while the parents and moderators can oversee and step in if anything gets out of hand.