All-Star Cheerleaders With "outrageous" Looks

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Interesting... so it seems most people don't like the hair dye but tattoos are semi-acceptable if they're small/covered up. What if it's a (small) tramp stamp - not anything huge and distracting, but still generally looked down upon by a lot of people? Is that worse, or still no problem?

I once had a coach who was really against tattoos of any kind, not because they were distracting or looked bad, but because they played into the "cheerleader stereotype". Do any of your gyms have rules about it?
We had a flyer on our senior 5 team a few years back with a tramp stamp. She was a super senior, and therefore over 18. The coaches did not make her cover it up. I believe now they handle it on a case by case basis. If they feel the tattoo is distracting, they will approach the athlete about covering it up.

University of South Carolina cheerleading is very strict on tattoos. A couple girls have side rib tattoos that stick out of the uniform slightly on the side. They have to buy stage make up and stage make up remover (very expensive, upwards of 70 dollars) to make sure it can't be seen while in uniform.

since it wont let me add on to my orginal post

On the subject of tattoos. I have 5. I have one on my right rib cage that says "Family is Forever" in german. I have another on my left rib cage that says my Uncles name who died of cancer. I have one on my shoulder blade that is very similiar to the virgo zodiac sign but its actually an M for my mom Marianna. I have one on my wrist that says "Love". I have a leopard print heart on my hip.

None of my tattoos you can see while performing so it does not distract from the routine. I think thats why tattoos are semi-acceptable. Hair dye does distract from the routine. You can see neon pink hair or neon green or blue hair from all the way in the back of the arena. You cant see that girls tattoo unless it covers her whole body.

i dident even think about this, last comp there was 2 incidents of this on one team this girl had pink hair but only the underneath and she was a flyer, needless to say my eyes were on her the whole time also there was a girl with tomato hair and she also stood out like a sore thumb!

lol i think teams with crazy colors should tone it down by putting a lot of black in there uniforms, KX Athletics (kats extreme) there second day uniforms look GREAT!! i love the way they tone don the purple and green with the nice black uniforms :)

as it goes for outrageous make up, i think it looks good if the whole entire team applies it the same way, for example, Fame! i loooooveeeeee there crazy make up and idk if its a sticker or not, but it looks so cool even though i would have never thought of that!

as for hair, i personally hate when people do crazy hair, no offense to anyone! But i feel like if i am paying so much attention to the guy on the floor with the purple, blue, green, and orange hair, then that definitely has to be distracting the judges.

i find cheerleaders that have their hair died in crazy colors is very distracting.... your eyes just g rightto that person and keeps yu from watcing the actual routine!

I dont mind patches of the hair dyed. But like when the guy who nuggets in the back has the 7 inch three colored mohawk THAT annoys me!. No offense to anyone but I think tatoos and cheerleading uniforms make you look trashy.

well at my gym we don't have any rules about tatts or hair or anything. i mean at our first comp this year because we had a lot of new people we didn't have our uniform so those of us with tattoos that could be seen started to cover them but then our coaches asked the judges and they said they were okay. like 7 people on my team have tattoos 2 of which are flyer. but at the same time when we're in uniform you can't see any of them so i guess it doesn't matter.
as for hair idl it. i mean we have a little boy on mini's with a oink mohawk for competition it that's different and it doesn't distract from anything.. on the older girls it's ugly. and they usually have it done in a bad way. or bad color choices. don't do it

usually i say to each their own. and on a regular basis i don't mind tattoos and bright hair.

however, in cheer, it is about uniformity. and i feel a giant tattoo or some lime green hair may stand out a bit.

I dont mind patches of the hair dyed. But like when the guy who nuggets in the back has the 7 inch three colored mohawk THAT annoys me!. No offense to anyone but I think tatoos and cheerleading uniforms make you look trashy.
tattoo* and i have a quarter sleeve that shows in my uniform, but i don't think in anyway it comes off trashy...

Back