All-Star Cheerleading At 2018 Winter Olympics ?!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 25, 2010
Team Canada posted an update about 5 hours ago reading:
"We are thrilled that cheerleading will be represented at the Pyeongchang Olympic games as part of the pageantry and ceremony. At present, Team Canada has not been contacted by Cheer Canada to partake in this event. We stand ready to represent our nation with athletes from coast to coast of the highest calibre if asked."
Team Canada Cheerleading - Home | Facebook

Have any other announcements been made?

ETA: Kentucky Cheerleaders to perform at 2018 Winter Olympics - A Sea Of Blue

U of Kentucky is scheduled to perform

I have absolutely nothing against UK, but why is Team USA not being the team that US sends?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My guess? It's easier. With the olympics a little over 2 months away from now and it being just after UCA nationals, they will have a routine ready and be performance ready by that point. Instead of trying to have a tryout process, practices, choreography, etc all in 2-ish months. It's probably easier to pick an already established team.

My guess? It's easier. With the olympics a little over 2 months away from now and it being just after UCA nationals, they will have a routine ready and be performance ready by that point. Instead of trying to have a tryout process, practices, choreography, etc all in 2-ish months. It's probably easier to pick an already established team.

That does make more sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheerleaders will only preform at the Olympics!! There won’t be any cheerleading competition! (Especially not at winter olympics since that doesn’t make any sense)

They will be there to preform between breaks.
Cheerleaders also preformed in London 2012 (few UK gyms) and they gave them the ugliest uniforms so I have no idea why people is making such a big deal out of this. It’s nothing new.

If cheer would become an Olympics sport we would know few years before. Not 3 months before....

Ive seen a lot on social media about former USA team athletes being pissed that its not team USA....
Which I can understand, why not bring back the athletes from the previous year and have them re compete, im sure a lot of them would be willing to come back and pay the cost to represent the US.
I'm happy for UK but still dont seem right

Team USA only had a few weeks to practice and they killed it! They could do it again.

Rumor has it that a team from Flyers All-stars would represent Canada...

They deserve it. Everyone of their high level teams consistently executes well. (I haven't seen enough of their lower level teams to comment on their entire program, but I'm sure they're up there too)

Team USA only had a few weeks to practice and they killed it! They could do it again.

Oh I know it's possible. Though they usually have tryouts about 4 months before worlds and practice stunts in those months. But I'm sure it's just easier to go with a team. It won't be the first time a college cheer team is representing USA cheer.

Oh I know it's possible. Though they usually have tryouts about 4 months before worlds and practice stunts in those months. But I'm sure it's just easier to go with a team. It won't be the first time a college cheer team is representing USA cheer.
A good friend of mine was UK and team USA participant...., would love to c him go!

Rumor has it that a team from Flyers All-stars would represent Canada...

U of K and Flyers.... VERY different styles of cheerleading.

With all the olympic talk I though we were leaning more towards an ICU/ Collegiate style cheer for the Olympic stage. Don't get me wrong - I love the flyers program. They just very much fit the all-star mold.

Back