All-Star Cheerleading Fitness Test (idea For Testing)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Google exercise dips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soooooo is someone gonna do it?
I am very out of shape, but I will get back to you tomorrow. At current fitness I am probably a shaky level 5, but can two to full, combo to full, and jump to tuck. If you'll give me a reminder tomorrow afternoon, that'd help. How long between tests? I'm assuming a handstand hold after amap pushups would skew the results for example. Apologies as I haven't read the whole thread, but male/female spread is going to be very different as well.

Soooooo is someone gonna do it?

I will do a modified one with my power tumblers. Not sure about the pike push ups. May add in lemon squeezer crunches, v ups or hollow body hold since those shaping skills translate more to what we do. Let me get thru this parent meeting and camp tomorrow and I will set it up.

I will do a modified one with my power tumblers. Not sure about the pike push ups. May add in lemon squeezer crunches, v ups or hollow body hold since those shaping skills translate more to what we do. Let me get thru this parent meeting and camp tomorrow and I will set it up.

How come no on the pike pushups? I don't like handstand pushups because its too hard for too many people to do.

Appreciate the attempt though!

So you say that pauses are not allowed in the minute time frame. So say for example, I do 30 pushups then pause at the top for 6 seconds. Do I re-start counting at 1, or continue from 30?

So you say that pauses are not allowed in the minute time frame. So say for example, I do 30 pushups then pause at the top for 6 seconds. Do I re-start counting at 1, or continue from 30?

You're just done and you got 30.

Id also like to see a flexibility test implemented in cheer. It benefits all positions, from bow and arrows, to jumps, to range of motion in tumbling.

How come no on the pike pushups? I don't like handstand pushups because its too hard for too many people to do.

Appreciate the attempt though!

I am with you on the HS pushups. Too many areas for bad technique to creep in. For my usage, the quick fire blocking action I need developed is not benefited much with that skill being a test skill. I would use a block drill where I have the athlete start in a push up position with hands on the side of a tumble track or spotting block and feet on floor, block thru chest and shoulders and lift body to vertical. Bent arms or failing to reach vertical would not be counted. That is more accurate for my area. For stunting purpose I could see the pike push up, but would want to see the back remain rounded with good form so i would go more for quality of technique in those pushups vs number.

I can get you "level 2 almost an 11 year old "results soon. She has been doing all stars for six years. I might be a few days until she does it, because my CP has been in and out of the hospital for the last couple of weeks. As soon as she is feeling better, I will have her do it.

I can get you "level 2 almost an 11 year old "results soon. She has been doing all stars for six years. I might be a few days until she does it, because my CP has been in and out of the hospital for the last couple of weeks. As soon as she is feeling better, I will have her do it.

I hope your daughter get well soon.

Its a more practical one than measuring vertical jump, which is just hard in cheer without the right equipment. But it might not be very strong either.
Ironically my retired CP still holds the record for highest jump at the sports rehab center she was treated at. The doctors there love showing all the football, basketball and track stars that they were bested by "a cheerleader".

Ironically my retired CP still holds the record for highest jump at the sports rehab center she was treated at. The doctors there love showing all the football, basketball and track stars that they were bested by "a cheerleader".
This really shouldn't be surprising to them given the nature of cheer, but hey. LOL. Most people have a lot to learn about this sport.

Anyone test yet? Lots of people think interesting but no data yet

Latest posts

Back