All-Star Cheerlebrity Lessons?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Would you attend a cheerlebrity seminar for your CP?

• Yes

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • No

Votes: 96 93.2%

• Total voters
Jan 11, 2016
Sorry it's so big

2rpzr0w.jpg

A friend showed me this. What do you guys think? There have been many discussions on FB about cheerlebrities and how to handle the phenomenon. Is this something worth looking into as a parent? Would you go to this if you were new to cheer?

I don't have a problem with other people pursuing "cheerlebrity-dom" but it is not something we would encourage for our cp. We are fairly private people, and I don't think the relatively small amount of money generated by cheerlebrity endorsements would be worth the loss of my cp's privacy.

Not for me at all.

But...let's muddy the water a bit

If a "company" can make _____ a cheerlebrity and profit off them directly over sales, merchandising, promotions, etc. why shouldn't the parent have that same right? Why should the business make the money? At least the parent can use it to pay for gym, college scholarships, etc.

Again, not for me. Not ever. But why can a business do it but the parent can't?

There are people who do not mind the loss of privacy and such because the attention their child gets is worth it.

Someone on here has a child on a reasonably well-known Worlds team.

She once posted that there are parents of some of these kids who will encourage them to act "Cheerlebrity" like at comps and sign autographs for kids even when they do not want to.

Also, I saw on social media once that a very young cheerleader (like under 10) was signing autographs of a cheer mag she is on. This kid was like 8 or 9. You cannot tell me that IS NOT parent-driven. No 2nd/3rd grader cares about sitting and signing autographs.

Not for me at all.

But...let's muddy the water a bit

If a "company" can make _____ a cheerlebrity and profit off them directly over sales, merchandising, promotions, etc. why shouldn't the parent have that same right? Why should the business make the money? At least the parent can use it to pay for gym, college scholarships, etc.

Again, not for me. Not ever. But why can a business do it but the parent can't?

Same. That's kind of where my head is. I would hope my mom would not have been interested in this. But, at the same time, shouldn't parents uses this type of thing to their advantage? I don't know.

I will say, though, that developing a seminar to TEACH someone to be a cheerlebrity is absolutely genius!! I mean, that is a fairly low risk, high potential profit business model. I imagine those ladies will do quite well in this market.

Sorry it's so big

2rpzr0w.jpg

A friend showed me this. What do you guys think? There have been many discussions on FB about cheerlebrities and how to handle the phenomenon. Is this something worth looking into as a parent? Would you go to this if you were new to cheer?

Wow, everything that is wrong with all star cheerleading all summed up in one pretty little flyer (pun intended).

Back