All-Star Cheerlebrity Lessons?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Would you attend a cheerlebrity seminar for your CP?

• Yes

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • No

Votes: 96 93.2%

• Total voters
So no I do not agree with a 'cheerlebrity seminar' as I think marketing yourself as a cheerlebrity can only get you so far & eventually your time in the cheer spotlight will expire. But perhaps information on marketing your personal brand is something more applicable in today's social media-tech immersed society - which I am more on-board with.
I agree with this.

kids aren't marketable commodities.
They shouldn't be, but so often are. Stage parents have existed most likely since the beginning of celebrity ...

Maybe it's just the age of my kids but around 5 years ago cheerlebrities were huge. I can still name names just from hearing my oldest talk about it. Now other cp cheers and has Instagram. There are plenty of kids whose moms run their accounts and sell posh ponies and all the other brands but they don't have near the following or name recognition. Is "cheerlebrity" culture on the way out or is it just me?

I agree with this.

They shouldn't be, but so often are. Stage parents have existed most likely since the beginning of celebrity ...

After reading this entire thread, I've been thinking the same thing. Stage parents have existed forever. They have seminars/events as well, that provide tips for exposure, getting booked, auditions, social media, marketing etc. I have seen children with booking info in their bio's who model, appear in commercials, act, and so on.

I assumed it was normal American culture. I see it more often outside of cheer. Parent thinks their kid has talent, creates IG, YouTube Channel, whatever else.. & ultimately "markets" the child.

I am not saying I'm for it or against it.

There is a cheer world and there is the real world. Why wouldn't the "cheerlebrity" process be as acceptable as the process is in the real world. It seems likely that a lot of children you see on TV or kid celebrities got to this point because of their parents.

Again, I have no real opinion towards this, but I do know a decent amount of children who are into performing arts and have the same tactics. Technological advancement is likely what triggered most of it. Its way easier to share content, expose yourself, gain viewers (followers). Im not sure about everyone else, but I personally view cheer as a separate world. None of the non-cheer people in my life know the names of any "cheerlebrity" or anything related, nor do they care. So if this is what people in the cheer world want to do, knock yourself out. I promise you there are people in the real world doing the same thing.

I am 21 with no children, but if and when I have children I probably wont care about what other people are doing with theirs. I have a very old/traditional soul, so I will probably encourage my children to take the school/career route.

I just wanted to point out that this is not just a "cheerleb" thing, if anything, cheer is tardy to the party.

As someone who spent a fair amount of years in the public spotlight... All I can say is be careful what you wish for and don't get upset about the negative that comes with it too (because trust me ... it will!) You put yourself out there and it isn't all butterflies and rainbows and you (parents who choose this route) have to take the good and the bad without thinking it is anyone else's fault.

exactly. This is what I mean when I said should someone choose this route - having some guidance/support from someone who has 'been there done that' would probably be beneficial in helping manage the negatives.

Maybe it's just the age of my kids but around 5 years ago cheerlebrities were huge. I can still name names just from hearing my oldest talk about it. Now other cp cheers and has Instagram. There are plenty of kids whose moms run their accounts and sell posh ponies and all the other brands but they don't have near the following or name recognition. Is "cheerlebrity" culture on the way out or is it just me?

thats what i was thinking. are there any new ones these days ? when i think of the term, i think of the former long term CA and CEA girls and several others from other gyms like Gabi. But, they are gone at uni or on their way out. i think the cheerlebrity thing is pretty much a zombie thing these days. there are still some living, but i doubt there will be any new ones.

thats what i was thinking. are there any new ones these days ? when i think of the term, i think of the former long term CA and CEA girls and several others from other gyms like Gabi. But, they are gone at uni or on their way out. i think the cheerlebrity thing is pretty much a zombie thing these days. there are still some living, but i doubt there will be any new ones.
Unfortunately, I have heard this season "idk how the whole team did, I was watching (insert blonde flyer with a lot of Instagram followers that does meet and greets with her gym owner) the whole time!!!" *eye roll*

Unfortunately, I have heard this season "idk how the whole team did, I was watching (insert blonde flyer with a lot of Instagram followers that does meet and greets with her gym owner) the whole time!!!" *eye roll*
I can't take my eyes off "that cheerleader" either bc her posh pony is blocking the view of any other child in the routine.

Here's a thought: what if we go so overboard with the cheerlebrity thing, with seminars teaching stage moms how to promote little Mackenzie's back tuck, and profit from her instagram, that the cheerlebrity culture just dies out? Because if everyone is famous, then no one is famous, ya know?

So maybe we should be encouraging seminars like these, y'all!

I can't take my eyes off "that cheerleader" either bc her posh pony is blocking the view of any other child in the routine.

Let me preface this by saying that I don't care enough about all star cheerleading or any individual cheerleader to have a CLUE who you are talking about, so what I'm about to post is not a shot at an individual, but at a looming trend.

If that "posh pony" you reference is one of those big phony hair things that I've seen two kids wearing this year...

They're one ridged forehead mask piece away from turning into a freaking Klingon.

Edited: because fierceboard changed my synonym for a donkey into the word "booty"

Last edited:
Back