Cheersport 2014 Updates

Discussion in 'CHEERSPORT' started by luv2cheer92, Feb 14, 2014.

1. NCCheerMama

NCCheerMama Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    By the way-it's Tri-Athletics 5-O as in Hawaii 5-O, not 50's. No EP has ever gotten this right for us-gotta spell it out from now on.

2. retiredl5cheer

retiredl5cheer Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Guess you need to start writing "five-oh" on their registration forms.

3. NCCheerMama

NCCheerMama Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Yes-it means something specific to our program. All of our team names have to do with the military or law enforcement. No one says Snipers wrong during an event.

4. coach12

coach12 Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    I can understand that but we all know things got pretty ugly and made teams look like poor sports.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

5. maddie_cia

maddie_cia Cheer Stalker

Shimmys Received:
    Yes it is. I skimmed through and missed those last two posts. Only after I posted it I realized that it was already talked about. Completely my fault. Sorry about that!

6. Emily

Emily International Cheer Correspondent Staff Member National Champion

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Well, the girl who posted the trophy by the trashcan picture apologized on twitter. I hope she learned the lesson.

7. lightbrnsuga1

lightbrnsuga1 I'm new. Don't Hurt Me

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I totally agree with you CheerBank!! To me there is a difference when you are expressing a displeasure on how a comp is run and explain what happened verses being a sore loser. These athletes work their butts off training for big competitions like this and when the outcome is shady not because the athletes messed up but because of "cheer politics" yes one should be able to express that on social media. This past weekend I saw a lot of questionable things. Cheersport has definitely changed and I'm not sure I like the changes. I didn't like that there were no vendors there we love shopping for new bows, accessories & make up at Cheersport. I really didn't like that Nfinity wasn't on site. Yes I walked over there to buy my CP shoes and new bows but considering Cheersport/Varsity is in the competition business they can't handle a little competition among vendors! I didn't like the "stay & play" rule. Sometimes people can't afford the selected hotels and choose to stay further out and drive in everyday or stay with local relatives.

8. anythingforcheer

anythingforcheer Last Pass... on International Open 1

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Can someone explain what everyone seems to think happened that prevented SSX from getting the paid bid? I keep seeing posts and tweets etc., but no one is getting to the heart of it all. Also is the reasoning behind giving Cougars a paid bid sort of damage control?

9. Ashley

Ashley Administrator Staff Member National Champion

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    Looks like two teams were told they got at-large bids today. Not sure if those were passed down or 2/3 AL bids associated with CEA IO5's paid bid.

They didn't win their division? I didn't know there was a scandal about their lack of paid bid.

10. KikiD22

KikiD22 Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    That's last year's Summit bid. Know for sure because Rockstar's youth 1 was large this year.

11. Xtremegirls:)

Xtremegirls:) I think I can mix Cheer Music

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Fan
    Seriously "cheer politics"?!?! I am SO sick and tired of CEA screaming this and the whole Varsity and everyone else in cheerleading is out to get us crap every single time they dont win.

Also... posting pictures of your trophy in a trash can, and tweeting things like "who even is Brandon Senior White" is being a sore loser. Or at least it is to everyone else outside of CEA....

Oh and one more thing... posting your complaints on social media is immature and unprofessional. If you really think that the competition is shady send Cheersport an email or give them a call or something. Twitter is not the place for that. It just causes more drama.

• Shimmy Shimmy x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  12. CheerInMyHeart

CheerInMyHeart They call me Susie

Shimmys Received:
    Can someone post the summit bids for cheer sport

13. cupieqt

cupieqt Person everyone wants to meet this season National Champion

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    cupieqt
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    I watched Clarity Sr coed 4. I've never been a fan of boys flying but this team was the real deal Holyfield. They grabbed my attention from start to finish!

14. cheernerd5678

cheernerd5678 Slow your roll, Sparkle. Bracket Winner

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    The post you're quoting isn't talking specifically about CEA. It's just discussing the difference between what a lot of their tweets have been (sore loser, bitter, rude) to what would be acceptable to say. I don't think anyone on here has supported the specific tweets you mentioned, regardless of if they're teal army/anti teal.

• Shimmy Shimmy x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. cmghas3

cmghas3 I nugget in the back

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Thank you very much!!! He is an incredible young man! That team is very solid. We have some incredible athletes at the gym.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk