All-Star Cheersport 2014 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Seriously "cheer politics"?!?! I am SO sick and tired of CEA screaming this and the whole Varsity and everyone else in cheerleading is out to get us crap every single time they dont win.

Also... posting pictures of your trophy in a trash can, and tweeting things like "who even is Brandon Senior White" is being a sore loser. Or at least it is to everyone else outside of CEA....

Oh and one more thing... posting your complaints on social media is immature and unprofessional. If you really think that the competition is shady send Cheersport an email or give them a call or something. Twitter is not the place for that. It just causes more drama.
For the record, I'm not "outside of CEA" and commented specifically that I didn't think this behavior was appropriate. Both here and twitter. I also haven't seen any posts here that support what happened regardless of program affiliation so at least I (personally) would appreciate not being thrown under the bus merely because of the color my kids wear. This is exactly the type of post I referenced in the uniform thread that I think is consistently unfair to the 1200+ athletes and their families that are part of CEA.

Making sweeping negative generalizations about that many people because of the actions if very few is completely unfair.
The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Seriously "cheer politics"?!?! I am SO sick and tired of CEA screaming this and the whole Varsity and everyone else in cheerleading is out to get us crap every single time they dont win.

Also... posting pictures of your trophy in a trash can, and tweeting things like "who even is Brandon Senior White" is being a sore loser. Or at least it is to everyone else outside of CEA....

Oh and one more thing... posting your complaints on social media is immature and unprofessional. If you really think that the competition is shady send Cheersport an email or give them a call or something. Twitter is not the place for that. It just causes more drama.

First of all you have no freaking clue what I'm talking about!!! Don't go assuming you know what I'm talking about. My CP is young and I really don't care what happen amongst the worlds teams this past weekend!!! So before you go ranting off my post know what you're talking about!!! Take your own advice because your post is very immature and yes it can cause drama especially when you dont know what you are talking about!!! Sometimes ppl just need to keep their thought to themselves and keep it moving!!!! Yes I saw some questionable things and I was referring to some placements in the small gym divisions and some divisions that CEA wasn't even in!!!

Day 2 is worth 75% and if the top 6 teams are within tenth of points between them and day 2 the top three teams drop stunts, multilpe bobbles and tumbling touchdowns and teams 4-6 hit a perfect routine with 0 deduction and the places didn't change. That raises some eyebrows!!!!

I have family representing a lot of gyms Brandon, Elite, MD Twister, CDR, PCS, CEA, EC Nitros & TTT. And if I have a comment that I want to post on any of MY social media sites I am going to say what I want to say!! An educated person can make a comment with out being disrespectful to another person or program. I see you don't understand that since you started your rants with "I am SO sick and tired of CEA"<---- THAT'S HOW DRAMA IS STARTED!!!!

A reply is NOT needed I think you've already said ENOUGH!!!

The post you're quoting isn't talking specifically about CEA. It's just discussing the difference between what a lot of their tweets have been (sore loser, bitter, rude) to what would be acceptable to say. I don't think anyone on here has supported the specific tweets you mentioned, regardless of if they're teal army/anti teal.

Thank you!!!! You understood what I was saying!!!

For the record, I'm not "outside of CEA" and commented specifically that I didn't think this behavior was appropriate. Both here and twitter. I also haven't seen any posts here that support what happened regardless of program affiliation so at least I (personally) would appreciate not being thrown under the bus merely because of the color my kids wear. This is exactly the type of post I referenced in the uniform thread that I think is consistently unfair to the 1200+ athletes and their families that are part of CEA.

Making sweeping negative generalizations about that many people because of the actions if very few is completely unfair.

Thank you!!! The whole negative generalizations really bugs me.

I have a question! Has anyone been to a cheersport event this season? was your score higher at the 'smaller' competitions but lower at Nationals? I am not a sore loser, because the team that won our division deserved it but I know we had more difficultly then the teams ahead of us. Also our Junior team was second to a PERFECT (meaning no deductions) performance and the 1st place had a stunt FALL. Back to my daugthers team, the judge said, and I quote (on the second day) " I could not see the stage clearly yesterday but if I would have saw the stunt you had no front spot' okay so you couldn't see the stage clearly on day 1.. and we didn't get deducted for it at cheersport in town.. I don't think I care for cheersport any more. ready to try other competitions.

I have a question! Has anyone been to a cheersport event this season? was your score higher at the 'smaller' competitions but lower at Nationals? I am not a sore loser, because the team that won our division deserved it but I know we had more difficultly then the teams ahead of us. Also our Junior team was second to a PERFECT (meaning no deductions) performance and the 1st place had a stunt FALL. Back to my daugthers team, the judge said, and I quote (on the second day) " I could not see the stage clearly yesterday but if I would have saw the stunt you had no front spot' okay so you couldn't see the stage clearly on day 1.. and we didn't get deducted for it at cheersport in town.. I don't think I care for cheersport any more. ready to try other competitions.

As with all other competitions, who you are up against will determine your score. It's a comparatively judged event so yes, most scores will be higher at the smaller events than at the larger events where there are more teams to compare against.
There is no cheer event (that I'm aware of) that doesn't have some sort of subjective score that will go up or down depending on who is in your division.

Oh okay thanks for that info. This is only my second year as a cheermom so I am still learning.
Its just confusing that you get your score right after performing before they even see all the teams so I didnt know they scored against each other. It should be directly on the team itself. I guess nothing is 100% fair.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Haven't been to Cheersport at all but you can't really compare scores across competitions just while at the event.

I notice for us personally when we are at competitions where we are a LOT better then our competition then we seem to score way higher. It's like we must be a breath of fresh air so they over score us.

When we are at competitions where we actually have competition or teams that are good that if we made a mistake they could win then I notice we don't score as high. Yes we still score higher then the other teams but our score which is normally a 61.5 will only be a 60 and that performance being a better performance then when we scored a 61.5 at another comp.

That's why when schedules come out for the teams we go against and I'm stalking I have to look at other things then score. Like I go find their score that means nothing to me.. So then I compare it to their division, then to the rest of level 2s to see if they're average or if they are better then average and that's how I make my determination on a team I need to watch.

I would like to say I'm a pretty good judge while watching teams.
For instance at a comp we went to this season that was a BIG comp with good team, we were in a division with some good teams.
We go on first and it's great up until a part before our pyramid.
We have 4 girls half up to extension backwards in a line and the group turn. It happens so fast you would think it was a full up! Lol it's my favorite part and the most visual.
Anyways... We had a girl go to the wrong group and ran through another group trying to rush to her group. So this girl basically was going around in circles with one of the bases she ran into so that group couldn't go up. The group the girl was suppose to be in attempted to half up with only 2 people and didn't make it very far so kind of end up going right back down.

So my daughters group in the front went and the very back group went. I was like :eek: omg why is this happening we aren't going to win now!!! We got a deduction for the one that tried to go up and ended up coming back down and the other group couldn't go up. So only 2 of the 4 went up so I know that we wouldn't score as well as we could have.

So now I'm kind of sad, I watch the rest of our division hit clean and no mistakes. Generally when we all hit I judge well but I was so still shocked about what happened I didn't really absorb the others routines to see if they would score in the high range on things or if they had technique issues. I was more so thinking ... If they don't fall we can't get first... And so they didn't. I told my daughter that their streak was OVER! Anyways fast forward to awards we were called first. I thought wow this is great. Asked the coaches for the scores and found out we were first by quite a bit AND we were the second highest scoring level 2 behind woodlands sr 2 with deductions. I was like HEYYY I'll take that.

So I always take that with me, I'm sure the teams in our division were probably thinking how do you get first with big mistakes so I feel bad for them because I definitely been in their place before at our old gym. No matter how much some of us want to believe we are great judges there is no way one person could truly judge everything that accurately. Then add in you can get a 4.8 difficulty score in tosses and another team can do the same amount of tosses with the same amount of kids and the exact same kind and score a 5.0 which makes it all subjective for what they feel you get for difficulty and now you just have a recipe for uncertainty and it's anyone game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I saw the same thing this past weekend. I understand day 2 is 75% but that wasn't adding up in some divisions. I saw where a team was 2 points ahead on day 1 and hit a perfect routine on day 2 ( day 2 score was higher than day 1) 0 deductions both days & the the team behind them day 2 score was .13 more... How can you be down 2 point the next day your score is only .13 more & win?!?!?!?!?! This was my 4th year going to Cheersport and every year I like it less and less. In the small gym division for level 2 on the score sheet was deduction for and illegal move. They checked video and there wasn't an illegal move and they still didn't change the score. The coach was furious!!

I mean, I was shocked that cea even went to Cheersport. All things considered. I get that its a big comp and its not K-ville so its not the same gym exactly plus it's technically Varsity, but considering the bad blood from the past I was honestly surprised they went.

Oh okay thanks for that info. This is only my second year as a cheermom so I am still learning.
Its just confusing that you get your score right after performing before they even see all the teams so I didnt know they scored against each other. It should be directly on the team itself. I guess nothing is 100% fair.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Typically judges are just more conservative with their scores at larger events. So even if they're judging team 1 in a division and they're amazing, their scores will reflect some wiggle room.
These judges usually have a very good idea of what a perfect, winning routine looks like in the divisions they judge so 99 times out of 100 I think they get it right. I didn't agree with one of my teams day 2 score this past weekend because I felt like they should've gone up in some categories but their score stayed exactly the same. It was a night and day performance but we were in the correct difficulty ranges so I couldn't argue anything (they will not discuss execution scores and those are the ones I was miffed about). Sometimes it's just their opinion and we have to deal with it. No bueno but it's a big part of the sport!

Sorry for the double post but I think I should clarify what I mean in my above post a little better.

If amazing team 1 scores a 7.3 out of 8 on stunts then pretty fantastic team 2 may score a 7.2 out of 8 on stunts.

Do this for every category on the scoresheet and you'll see how they can leave wiggle room. So even if they score team 1 harshly they can just get more harsh from there. I can give amazing team 1 a .5 on stunt execution and if I don't see anyone else later that did better then those teams get a .4 or .3, etc..

It's also the judges opinion if your triple jump sequence (or whatever section they're scoring) was good enough for the full difficulty point. It's pretty much their opinion if it was hard enough to get a .7 or a .8 or a .9 or the full point within the difficulty range. There are so many variables to consider so it's a tough job. If my team does quad jump--pike, hurdler, toe touch, hurdler but the next team does pike, hurdler, toe touch, hurdler *while changing formation* then they're going to get a higher difficulty score. And then add in execution--if mine was super clean and tight then I may get a higher execution than they do and end up out scoring them.

So many variables! Judging is a hard job. I have mucho respect for what they have to do.

Back